AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > Benchmarking

Benchmarking Post your Benchmarks here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd June, 2007, 08:02 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Talking

Armed to the teeth huh? Here are my new weapons Tommorow after work I hope I'll have time to play with them !

Sry for the poor quality of pics phone cam is all I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Squeeze your computer AOA EXIBITION-dsc02037.jpg   Squeeze your computer AOA EXIBITION-dsc02038.jpg   Squeeze your computer AOA EXIBITION-dsc02039.jpg   Squeeze your computer AOA EXIBITION-dsc02043.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Last edited by chrisbard; 3rd June, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd June, 2007, 09:00 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

While I've got you here...":O}
Anyone know the max safe operating temp of the 7950?
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd June, 2007, 09:21 PM

I like to keep mine below 60 at all times.. With the stock cooler no volt mods, no overclocking I was seeing temps close to 70.
Old 3rd June, 2007, 10:55 PM
Metal Wizard

Well here we go............ We'll just have to see how that MSI fares.
How about an extremely comprehensive list of your system Chris.
The new P35 boards are just great.I will tell you however whn I see MSI
as a bencher I breath easy. So I look forward to seeing wht it can do.
The cover over the heatsink on your vid card reminds me of transformers.
It is a sweet lookin card chris!! Let's get it together and take her for a test drive......

WZ

Daniel you can use Rivatuner and set you fan to kick up to 100% at start up if you wish or can tolerate the noise. I would say to run it as fast as you can with out it being to much of an annoyance. Hey these cards can take a serious heat pounding. If you look you will probably find that yours can stand up to around 115C!! Before it hits a danger threshold. I do not recommend you let it get there but Don't panic by temp in the 70's either. My 7900GT whines a bit at full fan speed but it sure stays cool. Just make sure there is plenty of air getting into your case for it to work with. You should be fine.

Tom
Old 3rd June, 2007, 11:25 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldzilla
Whoa Favu I was just messing with chris......
Good to hear. I guess I must have just misunderstood your post then.

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 4th June, 2007, 01:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Hay Dan...I thought you were WC your rig. If so throw a block on the thing and add it to your loop. My 7900 GS never goes above 44C
Old 4th June, 2007, 01:50 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldzilla
Well here we go............ We'll just have to see how that MSI fares.
How about an extremely comprehensive list of your system Chris.
The new P35 boards are just great.I will tell you however whn I see MSI
as a bencher I breath easy. So I look forward to seeing wht it can do.
The cover over the heatsink on your vid card reminds me of transformers.
It is a sweet lookin card chris!! Let's get it together and take her for a test drive......

WZ

Daniel you can use Rivatuner and set you fan to kick up to 100% at start up if you wish or can tolerate the noise. I would say to run it as fast as you can with out it being to much of an annoyance. Hey these cards can take a serious heat pounding. If you look you will probably find that yours can stand up to around 115C!! Before it hits a danger threshold. I do not recommend you let it get there but Don't panic by temp in the 70's either. My 7900GT whines a bit at full fan speed but it sure stays cool. Just make sure there is plenty of air getting into your case for it to work with. You should be fine.

Tom
Watercooled the sucker! ":O} Rarely see 45C at 600/800 my current max. May be late in the week before I can mod the voltage to 1.45. As always, thanks Tom.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 4th June, 2007, 01:52 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuknow
Hay Dan...I thought you were WC your rig. If so throw a block on the thing and add it to your loop. My 7900 GS never goes above 44C
It's never been installed with out it's water jacket! ":O} This is the first time I've gotten around to W/cing a Video card... seemed the next step after years of CPU cooling.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 4th June, 2007, 03:42 PM

I finished up my air benches yesterday. Using a tuniq and vf700 with stock cooling on the board.

How do you want my results, links to the orb or screenshots?
Old 4th June, 2007, 04:15 PM
Benchmarker

Thumbs up

Actually links and screens would be best, if you don't have time post only the links.
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 4th June, 2007, 07:34 PM
Benchmarker

Well it was great to see 06 running smoothly No OC all defaults! The journey has begun !

Back in the days of my 6800 I was using riva tuner to unlock and coolbits for OC. Today I choose not to install Leadtek drv+conf soft, instead I installed latest nvidia drivers. Boy do I hate the new control panel... So is coolbits OK to use with 8800? What are you guys using? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Squeeze your computer AOA EXIBITION-06defa.jpg  

Last edited by chrisbard; 4th June, 2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 4th June, 2007, 07:52 PM

I've been using ATItool to clock my cards. I find the artifact tester to be a little better than most stuff out there. It's confirmed to work with 8800 series cards as well.
Old 4th June, 2007, 08:59 PM
Benchmarker

Talking

Well thanks for the advice! When I went to NV CTRL panel and I clicked on Adjust GPU Settings I got transferred to a wbpage and I downloaded Nvidia Ntune which integrated itself in a nice way into the NVCTRL panel. I find it easy to keep track of temps and OC from here so it's all good ! After raising the FSB to 300 (plenty room to go further) 2,7 Ghz now and the GPU to 575 (memory not OC) I got this result !
Attached Thumbnails
Squeeze your computer AOA EXIBITION-oc.jpg  

Old 4th June, 2007, 09:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Very nice Mr. Bard...Time to save up for a new card I guess...
Old 4th June, 2007, 10:50 PM

I thought about picking up an 8800 card but I just don't do enough gaming. My 7950 runs anything I play at nice levels. Most of the apps I use are CPU intensive so I am just waiting for Intels next round of price cuts that will bring the Quad core down to $266 and that will finish up my upgrades until Vista is a viable option and DX10 is working.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 4th June, 2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 5th June, 2007, 02:23 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

My current P5W D will be the first board in a long time that I'll be able to upgrade the CPU on...it just hasn't made sense to do anything but wait and build from scratch, almost... a very nice premium!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 5th June, 2007, 02:50 AM

I'm just playing the waiting game, trying to see what's going to happen.

With Intel releasing 45nm CPU's soon, new chipsets that are already hitting the shelves and DDR3 making it's appearance, I doubt companies will stand by their current lineup long enough for them to mature.
Old 5th June, 2007, 05:01 AM

Here's the orb links, if you guys truly want screenshots it's not a big deal to rerun them.

3D01

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9209561

3D03

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=5388720

3D05

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=3107939

3D06

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2123469

Last edited by ccperf721p; 5th June, 2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 5th June, 2007, 06:41 AM
Benchmarker

Duder is it me? I can't get your links to work. Invalid project...

Last edited by chrisbard; 5th June, 2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 5th June, 2007, 06:53 AM

No, it's probably me using non public links or something along those lines. I'll figure it out when I get to work in the morning and edit my original post.

Edit: Got it straightened out, should work now.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 5th June, 2007 at 06:58 AM.