AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > Benchmarking

Benchmarking Post your Benchmarks here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th April, 2002, 02:17 AM
Banned

We need (yet) another volunteer

We need someone to step up and take this.

Takers???

I just started things based on what I've seen others do, this wasn't my idea and if spyder wants it he can have it

The next step is to devise the manner of tracking our total points and placing them on a very simple website fellow aoa members could read / visit from our sticky here. To do this someone might have to devise a script that will search madonion's database (I think you could do this with their's already...) and collect all the results with "(www.aoafiles.com)" in the title, then dump that to an html spreadsheet/form for others to view. HOW you do this is out of my league, maybe one day I'll start toying with programming, but for now I just don't have the time to start learning... enough about me
Old 19th April, 2002, 04:15 AM
Member/OES

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Romulus

It would be hella easier to just build a db front end in VB and let the members enter their name, score, link into a form.

My Heatware

Email me here
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th April, 2002, 10:40 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Romulus
It would be hella easier to just build a db front end in VB and let the members enter their name, score, link into a form.
And just how are you going to get a VB front end onto a client machine and have it connect to a remote database?

The whole problem is rather awkward with having to search for the string, and interpret the response that comes back from the server.

Given that there's an SQL database running on the AOAfiles, this would be a better place to keep it.

Perhaps it'd be worth having a script that would accept the url from the test, and pull back the results?

AidanII
Old 19th April, 2002, 12:56 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Whatever you guys decide and can get Admin. to approve is fine with me so long as it doesn't require the use of test animals or unseemly human sacrifices, I can't stand a messy environment!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th April, 2002, 01:37 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
Whatever you guys decide and can get Admin. to approve is fine with me so long as it doesn't require the use of test animals or unseemly human sacrifices, I can't stand a messy environment!
Dan, you'll need a silver knife and a couple of goats before we can get this thing running. I'm sure that Rackshack have all the necessary equipment needed for this. I'll lend you the knife if you need one - I needed it to get my SCSI up and running. I've also got a good supplier for the goats too.

AidanII
Old 19th April, 2002, 02:24 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Naw, I'll just wait for a couple mouthy newbs to come along, then consign them to the outer darkness.....

I can hear them still, as they grind thire teeth and grown, begging for release, just beyound the V-board access filters.... life is GOOD!

I appreacate the offer, but as you can see, I have a slightly different reglious practice, I worship the "ban fuction" from which all order and civility flow!

Basically we (well, so far just myself and I) believe that The lord Jelsoft gave us the "Ban Fuction" to lead us from darkness and into the late late night where posts like this one actually, for a time, seem to make sence.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 19th April, 2002 at 02:34 PM.
Old 19th April, 2002, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
Naw, I'll just wait for a couple "mouthy" newbs to come along, then consign them to the outer darkness.....
Or how about an "Advanced Member"
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Old 20th April, 2002, 10:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

I would volunteer, but I am still a n00b here at AOA. If you need help running the 3DMark team, I'm game.
Old 21st April, 2002, 04:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
I would volunteer, but I am still a n00b here at AOA. If you need help running the 3DMark team, I'm game.
There's one taker, newb or not doesn't matter, willingness is the qualifier. PM me
Old 24th April, 2002, 02:41 AM

Quote:
And just how are you going to get a VB front end onto a client machine and have it connect to a remote database?
asp.net + vb.net + ado.net would make for a pretty simple solution. If someone could spec out exactly what kind of functionality they want out of this I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to develop (especially if you already have an SQL backend running).
Old 24th April, 2002, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

I think ill help w/ sigma- i got good relations here( atleast i think-_)- and it was somewhat my idea........ so i better take resposiblity- how would you like this done? I can devise a website where you can input 3dmark score- name- and web address for madonion- and search it based on score or username- if i had more time.......... ill have sigma help me do it! LOL( rember were friends- and we live 20min away from eachother- so dont rag on me if i get off on him! LOL joking- :-D)
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 24th April, 2002, 07:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to Spode

IS this literally just gonna be say 3 text boxes with your name, 3dmarka nd e-mail in, and store em in a database? - Thats damned easy.

Please tell me you want something more than that.
Old 24th April, 2002, 02:53 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky

There's one taker, newb or not doesn't matter, willingness is the qualifier. PM me

I'd do it, but I have absolutely no IDEA what you are talking about!!

Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 24th April, 2002, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Spode
IS this literally just gonna be say 3 text boxes with your name, 3dmarka nd e-mail in, and store em in a database? - Thats damned easy.

I wish it were that easy, but with weekly radeon beta releases/leaks, my score changes like the weather, and this would be a hassle to maintain.

Spyder, if you want to figure it out, have at it I never wanted ownership anyway, just wanted to get some interested here and some focus placed on getting it started, now it's up to someone to take the problem and start working out a solution. I can be available for advisement on AOA related concerns, but I would be grossly out of my league on the programming/development/maintenance side.
Old 24th April, 2002, 04:15 PM

Is this gonna be a database specifically for AOA? not to link to madonion or anything?

Do explain.
Old 24th April, 2002, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is this gonna be a database specifically for AOA? not to link to madonion or anything?
I don't know

I'm trying to get someone else with a clue to take this and figure that part out.
Old 25th April, 2002, 07:46 AM

Well I'm sure I could work out a simple system for you if I knew exactly what you need!
Old 29th April, 2002, 04:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Quote:

I don't think that would work. You could cheat really easily, and even though we are all trustworthy, we need protection against cheaters. I was thinking of the following of the form:
http://fusiongamez.com/~sigma_x/aoa/3dmark1.gif

The Image that you upload would look something like this, with your personalized sig over it(This is my Un-OC'd score):
http://fusiongamez.com/~sigma_x/aoa/3dmark2.gif

Those are just my ideas. What do you all think?
Old 30th April, 2002, 08:06 PM
.:N2:.

whoa, nice Sigma...

i need to catch up (read in) on this whole idea, but i'm definitely interested in participating!
Old 30th April, 2002, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
Those are just my ideas. What do you all think?
I likes a lot.