AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th September, 2009, 09:15 PM

The 23cm fans are pretty good. Huge, quiet, and move a lot of air.
Since I can't find a replacement for the one that threw a blade, I fixed it! I plastic welded the blade back on and then braced it with a small metal bracket & hot glue. I'm surprised but it's running fine-no vibration. It's a good thing these are low RPM!

1ST Thermaltake V9 Case * Windows 7 x64 * Gigibyte GM-MA74GM-S2 * Phenom X4 9650 2.3Ghz @ 2.76GHz * G Skill 4 GB DDR2 * EVGA Geforce 9800GT 512GB * Antec 650w

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th September, 2009, 10:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to bonesaw

i got an armor the only mod i did that i haven't seen anyone else do was i took the rear expansion slot light switches and cut them so they fit into one of the front slots with the middle peace out. it looks really cool if i had a camera i would take a pic. i also plan on drilling some wire management holes in the motherboard tray, one behind the cpu 8 pin and another behind the 24 pin. could you post some pics of what you did to the front.
g. skill 6400 5-5-5-15-2t 4 gigs
Evga 450 gts
Thermaltake Armor
Ocz700w
300gb Seagate ide + Seagate 750gb sata
Logitech thx 5300 5.1
Acer 19' wide al1916w
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th September, 2009, 11:04 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorPorMe View Post
The 23cm fans are pretty good. Huge, quiet, and move a lot of air.
Since I can't find a replacement for the one that threw a blade, I fixed it! I plastic welded the blade back on and then braced it with a small metal bracket & hot glue. I'm surprised but it's running fine-no vibration. It's a good thing these are low RPM!
That surprises me as well...Good job! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 12th September, 2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorPorMe View Post
It's hard for me to decide on a path I would take from just a picture but will say that working with plastics is tricky business-especially if you need it cosmetically good. Only drill out the holes if you can use a drill press or better yet-take it to a plastics fabricator. He can identify the type of plastic [important!] and advise you on methods or pay them to do it. I think I would go that road, easiest and then you know you are getting it done right.
Good Luck

Drill bits for wood are no good for plastics, especially for bigger holes. Wood bits and cutters have a positive rake angle, which snags on plastic and causes it to split and tear.

A hand drill can be better for plastics, for slow and controlled drilling. Fast drilling will melt the plastic.
Old 12th September, 2010, 12:23 AM

Thanks sharing.I'ts geat

_
Old 25th November, 2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio View Post
My ASUS Rampage Formula came with one of those "ROCK SOLID, HEART TOUCHING" stickers too. $600 for a heart touching motherboard.
In your travels with the Amour, have you seen any site that has the 23cm fans? One of mine on the V9 case threw a blade and I'm having difficulty finding a replacement. Even Thermaltake doesn't have it on there web site.
Old 25th November, 2010, 06:21 AM
Steve Jobs

Contact Thermaltake directly by email, they're actually pretty good usually with spare parts.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles