AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th June, 2011, 05:03 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Dead Xbox 360

So I picked up a RROD Xbox 360 at a local pawn shop for $50. It has the cables, ps, hd and console. I was hopeing the oven trick would work on it. Turns out it didn't. It does boot after the oven trick but I get no video now. So I guess I'm sol with it. I was going to just part it out on ebay and try to make some money back on it, but after looking around at mod's on youtube I've found that people are gutting them and making them just a regular PC. Hmmm... I have some hardware laying around, and the skills to do it.

What do ya think? Anyone on here done this before?
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th June, 2011, 05:49 PM
AOA Staff

Replace faulty part, and sell for profit?
Old 20th June, 2011, 06:20 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

If the faulty part is in fact something like the video chip, that's not going to be very practical, as I rather doubt robbie has a SMT rework station that can handle ball-grid PGAs and the like.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd June, 2011, 06:25 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

I broke down and got us a new Xbox 360 with Kinect (for the wife) They had a killer deal at Target. Buy it for $299 and get a $50 gift card for Target. Done, done and done. I'm thinking I might turn the old xbox into a PC. I've been watching some mod's done to them on Youtbute. Pretty sweet stuff.
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 22nd June, 2011, 02:42 PM

A little Xbox HTPC might not be bad.
Old 12th July, 2011, 12:46 AM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

I'll pay for the shipping and you can give me your old xbox!

Tags
xbox 360 repair