AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Case Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 3.75 average.
Old 16th May, 2004, 05:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to chr

http://www.wicktron.com/chr/desk.jpg
Old 16th May, 2004, 11:52 AM
AOA Staff

chr - How do yu rate that keyboard?
Old 16th May, 2004, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to chr

excellent. easy, swift typing, laptop feel. battery life is long, i game on occasion, and use the pc hours a day, every day, and ive had the same batteries going on 3 or 4 months now. setup is easy as well.
Old 17th May, 2004, 12:39 AM

My HM water cooling

Picture of my comp:
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c1.jpg
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c2.jpg
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c3.jpg
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c4.jpg
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c5.jpg
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c6.jpg

Sistem is rock stable:
AthlonXP 2500+ on 11.5x 225Mhz with 2x256Mb Twinmos/Winbond DC on 8 3 3 3 2 and 1x 256Mb GEIL PC3200 (all on 225Mhz); temp is 36C full load (picture-Aerogate shows water temp); MB is 8rda3+ without mods (ok I glued some copper ribs on my mosfets); I´m cooling my water with two push/pull 12cm vents(best solution for me - I tested them all).
I made block by myself (1cm copper plate and 1cm acryl-plexi), water pump is MaxiJet 1000.

P.S. Stickers that says AquaTec is just some logo that I modified (it is just cool sign).
Old 17th May, 2004, 01:00 AM

Just one more pic from the left side:
http://freeweb.siol.net/vtusek/c8.jpg
Old 17th May, 2004, 02:22 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Nice job, guys! Front page!

www.aoaforums.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th May, 2004, 02:52 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

WOW GREAT work!!
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th May, 2004, 04:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to NeVeRmiNd

Omg! That Case Is Awesome! Honestly, This Is The Best Case/setup I Have Ever Seen! Keep Up The Good Work! Major Props!!
Old 17th May, 2004, 05:41 PM

I will post some more pictures, when I add just a few small glitches.
Old 17th May, 2004, 06:11 PM
AOA Staff

Is the res inside a fridge?
Old 17th May, 2004, 08:06 PM

Box where the reservoir is covered with styro - helps me to maintain the temperature (in summer of course) of water/ before I bought this pump it also helped me to lower the noise (this one is very quiet).
Old 17th May, 2004, 08:38 PM

IS that a persil liquidtab tub used as resevoir?
Old 17th May, 2004, 09:33 PM

Nope - a candy glass jar - I just drilled two holes on top.
Old 10th July, 2004, 02:39 PM

I decided that the old beige tower needed a little help.so I added a window and some large flake metallic paint and coated it with clear acrylic.I also added a home-made drive rack that I could remove easily.I still need to metalflake the drives and get a few more rounded cables for my second array.
Attached Thumbnails
Case mod gallery.-im000087.jpg   Case mod gallery.-im000090.jpg   Case mod gallery.-im000091.jpg   Case mod gallery.-im000094.jpg  
2x Maxtor 80 gig DM9's SI raid0
2x Maxtor 60 gig DM9's Acard raid0
sk7 with 80 mm sunon
win 2000 pro
Old 14th July, 2004, 08:22 PM

Thumbs up updated mod to front on my pc

well i bought me a DVD burner and was out of 5.25 slots....so i did some cutting......heres the before and after pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Case mod gallery.-pc-front-before.jpg   Case mod gallery.-pc-front-mod-after.jpg  
Old 15th July, 2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealwolfe
well i bought me a DVD burner and was out of 5.25 slots....so i did some cutting......heres the before and after pics.
And why do you need three cd drives?
Old 15th July, 2004, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57
And why do you need three cd drives?
you should think before u ask dumb questions.

actually i had my dvd rom and my burner first.....but then i wanted a dvd burner, if u know a dvd burner that is not a combo drive, show me.
Old 15th July, 2004, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealwolfe
you should think before u ask dumb questions.

actually i had my dvd rom and my burner first.....but then i wanted a dvd burner, if u know a dvd burner that is not a combo drive, show me.
????? I have a cdrw/dvd combo and a dvd rw what more could you possibly need? thats what I was asking? Wouldnt your dvd rom and dvd burner have been enough and then ditch the cd burner
Old 15th July, 2004, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57
????? I have a cdrw/dvd combo and a dvd rw what more could you possibly need? thats what I was asking? Wouldnt your dvd rom and dvd burner have been enough and then ditch the cd burner
this is a 52x32x52 liteon....no i am not going to ditch my cd burner when it's never given me a coaster.
next thing, the cdrw portion of the dvd burner....burns nowhere hear to 52x.....it maxes out at 40x......
PS..ditch it and give it to who? lmao.
Old 19th July, 2004, 05:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

I'm just getting into the beginning stages of modding my case. So far I've just worked on some basic visual improvements. I trashed the stock wire fan cover because it looked like trash and replaced it with a nice flame shaped one that looks pretty sweet with the LED fan behind it. I've also installed a couple of blue cathodes that give it a nice glow. The next step in my mission is to install the several components I just ordered. I'm not sure where I'll put the blue EL wire (maybe in the front), I'll probably put the two purple (UV) cathodes on the top and bottom of the case and I need to think of things to spray down with the UV reactive paint that's coming with it. I might just take all of the electronics out of the case and just spray it down to make the whole thing glow. Ok, here's where I need some advice: do you think the stock boring IDE cables can be painted with this UV spraypaint? I'm thinking that they should be fine but I'd rather not have to buy some new ones. So, will they be destoryed by the paint or not?
http://homepage.mac.com/fantomfreq/....ECC52C11D8.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/fantomfreq/....28C52C11D8.jpg