AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th November, 2001, 04:22 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Spode's review of a Fan Adapter

For Spode:
Very interesting review...

Let me share my recent experience. I too installed a WBK68 to a friend's machine. I also have a WBK38 for myself. After 5 days, I removed it to try a crappy but quiet HSF . (short story: it couldn't cut it, cracked core trying to remove).

Anyway that's not my point. Both WBKs are the same heatsinks with different fans. I read about this previously and decided to use a 8cm fan by stretching out the "wire" thingies that attach the HS to the fan. It worked... Now Im waiting for the new CPU to check it out. I know the Heatsink is good and I am also waiting for an Enermax fan with RPM adjustments to fine tune it..

If your friend's CPU runs hot, just stretch the wire and use an 8cm fan... It won't increase noise much, but it will definitely improve air flow. My friend's 1gig Tbird temp is just low enough to leave alone.

BTW, do you know the RPM and CFM of the Sunon fan you used? I just want to have something to compare against.

SteveI.
Old 6th November, 2001, 11:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Spode

kd-1208ptbx-6a

what it says on the fan. caugh me just before I went to bed, so no time to look it up.
Old 7th November, 2001, 07:25 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Thanks for the tip SteveI, and thanks for the review Spode. I don't think that Below Zero is listed at resellerratings. Sigh.

The 68 cfm 80mm Delta is supposed to equal the 60mm Delta 38 in cooling ability when it's on a fandapter. I suppose that the particular HS and fandapter DO matter!

It still amazes me that an 80mm must produce nearly twice the airflow of the Delta 38 to equal its cooling effectiveness.
Old 7th November, 2001, 10:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to Spode

I can't beleive I used to sleep in a room with two deltas going. I switched one of the machines off (it's in epeices_) and just got my main machine on witht he 80mm and it's quiet. MAN is it quiet... I love it. I really do.