AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th December, 2002, 03:38 AM

New System first time water cooling

Well I finally got it all together. I am real happy with the way things have turned out so far:-D now I just have a few details to take care of and I'll be done. H2O specs are: innovatek rev. 3 block, Maxxpert 120 rad, 2 YS Tech 120 mm fans, the one on the right side pulls fresh air in the other blows warm air out the left side. Eheim 1048 pump with Innovatek res. I plan to put an eletronic flow meter in the system.
Old 9th December, 2002, 03:41 AM

I hope this pic posts
Attached Thumbnails
New System first time water cooling-watercooled8rda-.jpg  
Old 9th December, 2002, 04:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Nice

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th December, 2002, 05:04 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Your going to love cooling with water, really there's no going back once you've tried it.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th December, 2002, 10:12 AM

Thanks Dimm, I can't believe how quiet it is. I'm afraid to put my side panel on because the pump is so quiet that the only way I can tell its running is to put my hand on it. I guess I'll get one of the ele. flowmeters from HighspeedPC there kinda spendy but it's cheaper than a new chip if the pump fails and I'll have some peace of mind. Other than that one concern I really like the water cooling so far.
Old 9th December, 2002, 10:41 AM

Here's a pic with the side panel on-- not to bad for a 50.00 generic case.
Attached Thumbnails
New System first time water cooling-casemodpic.jpg  
Old 9th December, 2002, 11:32 AM
Member/Contributer

Looking good Randy, really a nice setup. I hope to be going with water soon as well, what are your temps?
Old 9th December, 2002, 03:29 PM

Way to go. I still have my parts sitting on the bench. It's been a rough couple of weeks. I have just about everything, tho. Fine job! I know what you mean by the flow, I looked at the meter but passed for now. It's about $40 as I recall. What kind of temps are you getting?
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Old 9th December, 2002, 05:30 PM

Thanks guys Temps: SYS 22C CPU 28C at Idle after an hour it idles at 32C and after running burn in for a couple of hrs it goes to 38C in a room that is 20 to 21C The temps in Sandra and the temps in the Epox HWM read the Same I haven't installed MBM yet to se if it gives a different reading. I know these temps seem a little low so I want to get a compunurse or DigiDoc when I can come up with more funds but right now this close to Xmas I am about tapped out.
I am new to water cooling so I need advice on the best way to measure temps as accuratly as possible.
Also does anyone know of a good fan that will fit on the NB?
Old 9th December, 2002, 11:57 PM

Trust in those temps, they're fairly accurate m8... Best way to keep temps in check is to drill a small hole in your Mini-Res and mount a probe in there to monitor water temps... this should be after the radiator in the flow path so that you can accurately deduce how well your radiator is cooling the water. If you see this temperature rise constantly, and not stop, then your radiator is under-performing for the heat your cpu is dishing out. In this case, upgrade to the InnovaRadi 1x120mm, or add a Black Ice Micro into the loop.

The Flow-O-Matic meters are great... they have 2x blue ultra-brite pcb mounted leds on em that look ace, and it means you can use MBM5 and Bios monitoring to shut down if flow stops etc... I use 2 in my own rig (if you know my website you'll know that I know the innovatek setups inside out and backwards).

If you opt to add a black ice micro radiator into the loop, you could then watercool the northbridge... go pump>nb>maxxxpert>cpu>bim>minires>pump
Old 10th December, 2002, 12:55 AM

Marci, I just bought a Lian Li model: T-4 LCD Thermometer at a local PC store It seems to work well, it actually reports my temps lower than HWM or Sandra the only draw back is it is in Fahrenheit and not Celsious so that going to take some getting used to. I will try your idea on water temps at the res. Right now the CPU temp is 80 F according to this probe I have under the block and up to the edge of the die. Thanks for the good info
Randy