AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st May, 2003, 12:28 AM

Aircooling an overclocked 3000+ Barton?

Hey guys, not made a post in a LOOONG time (holst may still remember me).
I've FINALLY bought RAM, CPU, and M/board that work together to give me a decent overclocking system.
Namely a:
3000+ Barton
512 x 2 PC2700 Crucial
A7n8x Deluxe v 2.0 Asus

And, since I can now get about 200Mhz + overlock on this beauty, I'm thinking about getting a decent heatsink!
Atm, I'm copying with my crappy copper core Coolermaster 3000+ (which I wouldn't want to trust my previous 2100+ to but there you go).
At the moment I've not seen anything particularly impressive on the HSF front, especially 3000+ or more...
So I'm open to suggestions.

Is it finally time to go for watercooling peltier style or is there life in the aircooling way of life yet?

Thanks!

PS:
I would have used the other thread, but that was a different processing power league really.
Plus I wanted to catch Holsts attention and say HI!
---------------------------
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st May, 2003, 09:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Not Slim

There's always life in air cooling just depends on how much noise you can stand

Personally I'm running a 2500 Barton @205x11 on air with an alpha and a vantec fan and all is stable at around 42C (hot day in sunny England).

However, from the posts that Holst has been making then I dont think that air or water can touch the Prometia (and if he'd like to donate one this way then i'd be only too happy to receive it )

No matter which way you choose to go, good luck and don't forget to FOLD.

Cheers
8RGA+, Barton 2500 @ 215x10.5 (for the time being), Sapphire 9700 pro @ 405x660, 2X256MB Twinmoss w/Winbond @ 3,2,2,2, Antec True Control 550W, Alpha Pal8045 with one seriously LOUD Vantec Fan, Lian Li PC60 USB with another couple of Vantec Tornado's and other assorted bits.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st May, 2003, 09:44 PM

Prometia?
Oooh..
I forgot to mention that money is no object, but this sounds like a several thousand pound jobbeh...
What is it?
EDIT: Jesus. look at that avatar.. it's only 5,000 3dmarks out of date! Lol, goes to show how long it's been since I last came here
---------------------------

Last edited by Peeps; 31st May, 2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 1st June, 2003, 01:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nate-X Send a message via AIM to Nate-X

You should be able to snag a prommy for like $600-$700 me thinks..

You may also want to check out http://www.vapochill.com/ they seem to offer another rig like the prommy.. don't know how they compare though but check it out anyway :P