AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd July, 2003, 09:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Need a *tiny* pump/waterblock/raidaitor for a watercooling system

Im going to take on the challenge of trying to shove a watercooling system into my Shuttle XPC. This will be my 2nd venture into watercooling (1st was way back when I had a p2 400 @ 600mhz ). I need *tiny* things for this because im working with hardly any room. Im not going for stellar cooling if its better than what I have now then that will be a plus. I just want to see if it can be done in mine (I think it can if I can get small enough things).
I know its been done in one of the previous XPC's but my SB61G2 is smaller than the previous models.

In my writeup It shows a fan and a fan shroud around the shuttle ICE cooler, I was thinking about trying to fit a raidiaitor inside that shroud since the shround screws onto the back of the shuttle easily and it holds the fan.

Anyone know of tiny watercooling things?
Old 24th July, 2003, 06:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

One of you watercooling pros must know of some mini parts
Old 24th July, 2003, 05:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

HAHAHAHA- told ya so..... look into a 12v pump (not a fuel pump) a BIM radiator, and a custom waterblock.....
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th July, 2003, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spyder
HAHAHAHA- told ya so..... look into a 12v pump (not a fuel pump) a BIM radiator, and a custom waterblock.....
Yes.. all you people got the thought of trying to shove a watercooling system in here. How dare you all, you are going to make me spend more money now, bastages!

I dont want a pump that will run off my psu I have a spot picked out on the back im going to cut a hole in to mount a psu plug so I can have internal AC power. Do you know of a small AC powered pump off the top of your head? and whats a BIM rad?

The last time I watercooled anything was 2 years ago when it was far from mainstream
Old 27th July, 2003, 11:39 PM

the inline pump from www.sysfx.net will fit.

BIM= black ice micro (80mm fan size) should fit roughly around where the ICE radiator sits.
the shuttle on the sysfx site has a 2x60mm radiator on top back panel w/ 2 60mm fans but I think that guy moved his PSU to the front?.

I think any retail CPU waterblock will do.

I am about to start a watercooling project based on the SN45G shuttle. But having a tough time finding a GPU waterblock that will fit inside the case (the agp slot is too close to the side panel).

Last edited by pakman; 27th July, 2003 at 11:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th August, 2003, 09:46 PM

I manage to cram medium sized components into a midi tower with 2 hard drives and 2 cd driver. Best way to squish things in is get lots of elbow joints so you can get the pipes exactly where you want without kinking. I've only done one system so I'm not a pro on this one.

And might I suggest a 5.25" bay reservoir? They look cool and fit nicely without needing much mounting, mine should arrive tomorrow...

AOA Team fah
Old 20th August, 2003, 10:14 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Just so I get something I can use front page Big Red! Lots of pictures dude!! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 20th August, 2003, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Just so I get something I can use front page Big Red! Lots of pictures dude!! ":O}
Im about to make a rather large purchase thats going to have my finances tied up for many months so i dont think ill be able to go with this project
Ill do a review of my new purchase though, with lots of pictures
Old 20th August, 2003, 10:20 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I can live with that! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 20th August, 2003, 10:50 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Get the design right, and you don't need a reservoir at all! You just need somewhere for expansion to occur. That could simply be a bit of vertical tubing mostly containing air. This just gives the excess water somewhere to go.

The downsides to having no reservoir? Your radiator has to work properly. The upsides? There's fairly little fluid in the system, so a leak won't dump gallons of water on your floor, and the system will reach equilibrium quickly.
Old 21st August, 2003, 03:53 PM
Banned

** Unpaid Commercial Advertising is not permitted **

Last edited by Áedán; 21st August, 2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 21st August, 2003, 03:58 PM

Just got the bay reservoir. NOt hugely impressed cos the plastic stops (it comes with 4 drilled holes) are so soft that you can't screw them in tight enough without breaking them. Had to rip a mangled one out and replace it with an inlet nozzle, then had to join 2 inlets together with a T-piece and some tubing to close the system. Got some el-cheapo UV dye. Either the dye is too cheap or the UV strip I have isn't really UV

AOA Team fah