AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd August, 2003, 03:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Ditching the T line in a watercooled system-

Seeing as i have worked on many watercooled computers in the past, i have always found that the fill tube, or T line was a huge bottleneck- The solution i found has been shown before by Dodge Viper, seeing as he and i stubmled across this simple change in the T line around the same time.

This simple change is... well simple- Most people that have worked on watercoolers find the biggest problem in a system is removing air through either 2 tried reasons, a T line or a resivor. Seeing as i dont want a resivor, or a T line due to clutter- the idea behind it is very simple-
The radiators resivor "traps" air, there for why not put the fill tube right into the problem?
I took a BIE rev 2 to use for the experiment, sorry for the bad pics-I drilled a 1/2inch NTP hole for the hose barb, and affixed it with JBWELD-

This worked VERY well in my system- removing most the bubles in a hour or so-
I would suggest anyone building a system- use this option instead of the T or resivor-
Attached Thumbnails
Ditching the T line in a watercooled system--img_0125.jpg   Ditching the T line in a watercooled system--img_0126.jpg  
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah

Last edited by The Spyder; 4th August, 2003 at 08:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!