AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th August, 2003, 02:22 AM

Anyone own an AeroGate II?

I just hooked it up to my case, after many hours of trying to get the wires to look their best. Anyway, I can't control the fans because my Vantec Tornados either have the standard 4 plug, or 1 with just a wire, which Im told is the speed sensor. Those do no good, because I need a male 3 power plug on these in order for it to work. I can use the yellow wired one, but then I only see the speed, and I can't adjust the fan speed. Any ideas? Where can I get the plugs?
Old 29th August, 2003, 02:29 AM

You could get the 3-pin connectors from any decent electronics store local. If not try Digi-Key or Molex. Mabey a 3 pin gender changer would also do the trick.I've cut the conects off of old CPU fans and soldered them together. It works great with some heat shrink.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!