AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th October, 2003, 10:31 PM

help plz new to overclocking

Hey all

just bought a ...

pentium 4 3.02
mobo Abit IC7G
1024Mb CorsairĀ® TwinX 4000 ProSeries
thermaltake xaser III case

Im new to all this overclocking stuff, so any advise on what coolers etc to buy would be a great help.

Last edited by boon; 25th October, 2003 at 10:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th October, 2003, 10:45 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

Check out the link below for some reviews of heatsinks.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

Welcome to the forums.

What kind of MoBo did you get???

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th October, 2003, 11:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon
Hey all

Im new to all this overclocking stuff, so any advise on what coolers etc to buy would be a great help.

Hello to you too.

Well, mentioning your budget, what exactly you need and what exactly you plan to do is a wise thing and would help us all a lot. Especially me, I don't like giving advice blindly.
Old 24th November, 2003, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon
Hey all

just bought a ...

pentium 4 3.02
mobo Abit IC7G
1024Mb CorsairĀ® TwinX 4000 ProSeries
thermaltake xaser III case

iwould look into a vaporchill if your budget lets you i over clocked me first pc about 3 months ago and had no luck at all with normal cooling i trided all sorts off difernt air coolers and none off them worked much better than the stck intel cooler and made a lot more noise too ,water cooling is a option i didnt try, but i think to get any real gain in a system like the one you have you would want to use somthing to get it up to at leaste 3.8 gig your ram at pc 4000 thats if you set it too 250 will take your front side bus up too 1000 and your cpu will be running at 4 gig and i think if you r going to run it that high you would like to see your temp in the sub zero range, i run my 3.2 cpu @4 gig and im using geil ram pc 4200 the timmings i am using r 3 3 8 2.5 ive set the ram voltage to 2.8 the cpu voltage is 1.6250 the dram ratio id 1;1 and the agp pci ratio is fixed im using a vapour chill extreme cooler with a abit max 3 mobo ive ran every test under the sun with it tested it with prime 95 for 12 hours ,had it going for 3 weeks and it the best running pc i have evr had undder load it run at about - 10 so i hope that gives you some ideas best off luck with your over clocking and i hope it works out well for you