AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th January, 2002, 06:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Swifttek, Danger Den- Or other?

I need a waterblock- $under 50

Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th January, 2002, 04:27 PM
New Member/OES

Send a message via AIM to Bender

I highly reccomend the Dangerden Maze2. What type of system is this block for? The Maze2 comes in socket A, socket 423 and socket 472 for P4 systems.

The Project ProjectSimon.com And BizOng.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th January, 2002, 08:26 PM

New to water cooling... Is it just.... a cold plate, rad, pump with water in it? Any glychol or? Is it risky to use? Where do I start please. Going to build a dual ..... Thanks.....
Old 27th January, 2002, 10:01 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

cold plates are only used with peltier set ups, absolute minimum u need is: a waterblock and some pipes, since u can attach it to the bath, sink or any other water dispensing type thingy

but realistically u need the waterblock, pump and a BIG reservoir, or a smaller one and a radiator and of course pipes

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 28th January, 2002, 12:00 AM

Do you just mount the waterblock to the CPU, and run coolant through it from a scource, etc? It seems too simple, but I know nothing about it. Sounds quite interesting though. Is it far more effective than air cooling? I assume there are some basic rules as to flow etc? Quiet would be good... It seems that it might be more stable in holding a constatnt temp, true?
Old 28th January, 2002, 05:16 AM

IIRC, the DangerDen Maze2 can be used on Athlons, and with the help of a hold down plate, on Pentium4s (Socket 478/Northwoods). If you see yourself platform hopping frequently in the future, you might want to take this into account.
Old 28th January, 2002, 05:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
but realistically u need the waterblock, pump and a BIG reservoir, or a smaller one and a radiator and of course pipes
That is funny, I use no reservoir at all . . . . I use an inline pump with a nylon "T" on the pump in-let. I attatch a fill hose to the "T" to fill it, then remove the hose and cap the "T" off when the system is full.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd February, 2002, 02:38 PM

any 1 can get this DangerDen 2 and send over to me ??? i pay u back coz in spore the cost for transport is USD$21 = SGD$42 alone !!!
Old 3rd February, 2002, 05:32 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
That is funny, I use no reservoir at all . . . . I use an inline pump with a nylon "T" on the pump in-let. I attatch a fill hose to the "T" to fill it, then remove the hose and cap the "T" off when the system is full.

note: i said a big res or a smaller one and a radiator

if u have a huge amount of water, u dont need a radiator

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 4th February, 2002, 09:58 PM

but a huge amount of water gets annoying, i used to have a 5 gallon (ish) tub and no rad, it was quiet and cold but the big bastard didnt half get in the way, i kept dropping stuff in it like CDs, cellphones, pets etc.
Oh and it went all slimey after a while, only because im was too lazy to go and buy some antifreeze or something!

Dogs can never have too much fun! See Marge, Weee, weee, woo! wayhey! weeeeeeeee!!! -Homer
Old 5th February, 2002, 12:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
but a huge amount of water gets annoying, i used to have a 5 gallon (ish) tub and no rad, it was quiet and cold but the big bastard didnt half get in the way, i kept dropping stuff in it like CDs, cellphones, pets etc.
Oh and it went all slimey after a while, only because im was too lazy to go and buy some antifreeze or something!
lol I did the same thing last year for about 6 months. I once dropped my HP printer into it. that wasn't cool(no pun intended). i use the MAZE2 right now and love it.
Old 19th February, 2002, 06:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrotechnic

lol thats sucks though, dropping all your stuff in there
Old 20th February, 2002, 05:40 AM
Member/OES

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
pets? lol how do you drop PETS in there???
Old 20th February, 2002, 03:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

You can do watever you put you mind to
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 21st February, 2002, 04:37 PM
Member/OES

Send a message via ICQ to Duckman

If you can wait for, say, two or three weeks, I'll post a direct comparison of the two cooler kits along with three others.

I just picked up the Swiftech MCW462-U on the post office today, and I have already gotten the DangerDen kit....well...the SuperCube radiator is missing, but what I could do is to make a head-to-head comparison on the waterblocks in a hurry and post it in the forums.....just for you.

How does that sound?

But seriously, the DD Maze better be one heck of a performer, cause the finish of the Swiftech block is the best I have ever seen. I have never had a fetish for metal chunks, but if I did, this piece would definitely be my favourite

CEO, DWPG.Com
Visit us at: DWPG.Com
e-mail: sverre@dwpg.com