AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th March, 2004, 12:13 AM
Member/Contributer

Watercooling recommendations....

Ok I'm toying with the idea of dabbling in some watercooling. I'm looking at three possible "kits" to start off with.
1) Asetek KT03-L20
2) Asetek KT03A-L20
3) Mix and match: D-Tek LRWW waterblock, Hydor L30 pump, Thermochill HE120.1 radiator with 120mm silent fan., no res. Bits and pieces from here

You'll probably notice I've gone with a large capacity pump, this is incase I decide to get a NB and VGA waterblock in the future.

What would you recommend/suggest would be best?

Laz

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd April, 2004, 03:43 PM
Member/Contributer

Well the asetek Antartica matched with the rest of their old kit will without a doubt kick some @$$!

Hows your kit coming m8?
Old 3rd April, 2004, 04:40 PM
Member/Contributer

I'm stuck at work!!!! Cant wait to get home and set things up.
I received the VGA and Chipset waterblocks that they "missed out" this morning. Got the Distilled water yesterday, I've got a spare PSU to test it all with too!
Thanks for all the help Allan!

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd April, 2004, 07:40 PM
Member/Contributer

Be sure to put it all together first, and let it run outside the case to check for leaks for a while, before you actually install it. I haven't had any leaks, so I'm sure you want have either - but it never hurts to be on the safe side.

Btw, how does your reservoir look like? I think that is one of the things they changed from rev1 to rev2. That and the radiator...

Be sure to post pics when you have some ready!
Old 3rd April, 2004, 08:40 PM
Member/Contributer

hmmmmm....I've just assembled the Chipset and VGA waterblocks, (did yours come unassembled?) taken most of the bits out of my case to try and measure it all up before I cut pipes etc. I'm trying to fit everything in the case nice and tidy, but its difficult!
The res. looks just like yours. In fact the only difference between our kits looks like the radiator, mine is HUGE, im having trouble finding a home in the case for it.

Laz.

AOA Team fah

Last edited by Lazgoat; 3rd April, 2004 at 09:03 PM.
Old 3rd April, 2004, 10:33 PM
Member/Contributer

All the waterblocks in my kit came assembled, but I had to change out the top on the CPU block to make it fit the NF7-S. This wasn't a problem though, as asetek supplies two different tops/lids, and changing between them only takes a minute.

Sorry to hear about your problems though. Talk about a bad reseller... at least the price was right!
Old 3rd April, 2004, 10:34 PM
Member/Contributer

My rad seems pretty big too, I still haven't found a permanent spot for it in my case. Doesn't matter though, I normally don't have the side on the case anyways.
Old 6th April, 2004, 10:08 AM

I had this same kit a while back although I think theve improve the connection to the radiator now as thats where I sprung a leak, luckily for me the rad was outside the case ..... I looking at one of these at the moment

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm
Old 6th April, 2004, 03:12 PM
Member/Contributer

Well, I've had to accept that this case, Tt Xaser II, just isn't big enough! I've seen W/C setups in similar cases but they were modded to fit the Rad and I didn't want to cut huge holes in it just yet.

So, I took out the lower HDD cage and the lower fan cage, and drilled out the rivets that hold the tray it sits on. The HDD now sits in the next cage up, where the floppy cage is/used to be. Who uses floppy now regularly?
I dont have the guts to cut a hole in the front of the case for the Rad. There is good ventillation anyway and I've drilled more holes as well.
It all loots like it will fit nicely. I've made some Aluminium "elbows" that attach the Rad to the front of the case and its slightly raised off the bottom so I can put in some rubber matting to stop fan vibrations.
I'll post pics later when I figure out how to work it!

Later,

Laz.

AOA Team fah