AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd May, 2004, 11:03 PM
AOA Staff

New fanless watercooling from Zalman

Just came accross this new cooling rad which has no fans. http://www.quietpc.com/uk/watercooling.php are expecting to ship this in about a week.

It certainly looks cool, but does it cool?
Attached Thumbnails
New fanless watercooling from Zalman-reserator1.jpg  
Old 2nd May, 2004, 11:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to scottman Send a message via MSN to scottman

i don't think it will cool as good as 1 with a fan put a house fan on it lol
ATI HIS 9800 Pro IceQ BRAND NEW CARD REPLACED
120 gig Sata 80 gig ATA
Logitech Z5300
Housed in Thermaltake Xaser III 2000A
550 watt Antec True Control
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2004, 12:03 AM
AOA Staff

I agree. Although, I think this system is designed with quietness in mind and not overclocking. I haven't seen any temps for it.

You're bang on the mark about the house fan. Zalman recommend that with their new silent aluminium radiator case you do put a domestic type fan on it for extra cooling in the summer!

You could put the Resorator out of a window on a cold night for extra cooling. See what overclocks you can get when it is below freezing outside. Maybe put a bag of ice on it.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 12:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Chilliwilli Send a message via MSN to Chilliwilli

This system is beautiful.. I'm not a fan of having H2O in my PC but this I'd consider.. No pump, no fan, professional build quality.. plus you can get an attachment for gfx card as well.. super sweet. Combined with a silent PSU and all you've got is HD ticking.. And when you've got 2Gig ram this generally isn't a big problem.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 12:40 AM
AOA Staff

It does look like a work of art. Does have a pump though albeit silent.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 01:38 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Grrrr..... JUST when I got done redoing my water setup.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2004, 01:44 AM
AOA Staff

I only ordered a Koolance a week ago.

But, this one looks ideal for my A64. I'm already having fantasies...
Old 3rd May, 2004, 02:57 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Seems to me like SurlyJoe posted something about this a while back. I've seen this unit before, somewhere.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 05:31 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

OMG IS THAT BLUE?

OH NO
YOU KNOW WHERE THAT'S GOING!

just when i was thinking about watercooling too....
and so damn expensive. Gonnas take a few months to save for that one. Anyone for donations so i can do a review?
Old 3rd May, 2004, 10:21 AM
Member/Contributer

Hey Danrok, have you got your Koolance yet? Lets hear about it!

Laz

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd May, 2004, 11:15 AM
AOA Staff

Laz - no sign of it yet. Should be here next week. Also, my DFI board seems to be faulty so I have ordered an NF7. I'll post pics and temps when it all turns up.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 03:56 PM
Member/Contributer

I've heard the Reserator should be ok for stock speeds and voltages, but doesn't stand a real chance when overclocking. Interesting product, though.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 04:28 PM

a little bit if dremeling and she'll be fine it think....big blue beast of a water cooler for Project: Blue Beast. I think running some refridgeration coils between the fins oughta do the trick.
Old 3rd May, 2004, 05:13 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
a little bit if dremeling and she'll be fine it think....big blue beast of a water cooler for Project: Blue Beast. I think running some refridgeration coils between the fins oughta do the trick.
Get one and tell us what it's like!

Whack some dry ice on her!
Old 3rd May, 2004, 05:47 PM

i would do the dry ice, but it would not be permanent. the refridgeration unit from a mini fridge would be just right i think.
Old 5th May, 2004, 12:24 AM

http://www.bit-tech.net/review/315
far a review using a p4
Old 16th May, 2004, 02:35 AM

Hmm, perhaps if you could get the res/radiator by itself and mount a fan on it with a duct around the fins... if only.

Athlon 64 3700+, Shuttle sn95, 1gb, nvidia 7600gt

----old-----
xp1700+ @ xp2600 (12.5*166 / 1.6v), epox 8k3a+, TwinMos + Geil 1.5gb ram, Ati radeon 8500 128mb
Old 16th May, 2004, 05:53 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I just wanted to add a Blue Lizard to your collection.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 16th May, 2004, 06:57 AM

why thank you.lol
i'm planning to ventwrap it with a fan and modifying the pump for a spiral effect inside the resevoir....i dunno for sure...the cost of replacing my hdd's was the cost of the reserator, so it kinda placed my plans back a couple of months, unless business where to pick up hugely.
Old 18th October, 2004, 01:21 PM

Reserator "mod"

I have been using the Reserator 1 for a few months now. When Zalman sent me the replacement flow indicator; I took the opportunity to empty the reservoir. I took a 14 inch piece of spare tube and put it inside the reserator, attached to the hot water return. This knocked 2 degrees celsius off the CPU temp.
The tube was slightly bent so the water swirls.

I recommend the Zalman if the room you use it in is not too warm. Ambient temperature of my computer room is about 18 celsius.
The idle temp of my CPU is 40, but this is only after a lot of 'heavy' work has been done, and the water temp has stabilized. Full load temp is 50 degrees.
Hardware:
P4 - 3.2 Prescott @ 3.52GHz, 220 fsb
Abit IS7

Putting that extra piece of tube on the hot water return is a must. Otherwise the hot water is brought in about 2 inches from the cold water outlet. It certainly made a difference on my system.

In a couple of days I will might write about my 'ice in the reserator' experiment. Let me know if you are interested.

l8r
__
freddyfast