AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd January, 2002, 09:53 PM

Smile New project on the board

Alrighty, here's my next major project for me PC.

Vapor Phase Cooling

I have a good idea of what I want to do, but need some info.

The question: Would a Maze2 Waterblock from Dangerden make an effective evaporator or should I bore one out of copper stock?

I like the maze design inside the waterblock but i am not sure if the solder holding the 2 pieces together would hold well. I realize that a one piece configuration would be stronger but I already have the waterblock.

The Plan: Get the compressor out of mother-in-law's old fridge, Get copper tubing from hardware store, use current radiator and fans. Use quick connects to and from the back of the case for portability, (no LAN parties or anything, I am moving in May.)

I want to use a smaller diameter of tubing for the choke point just prior to the Evap. I have the soldering skills to do this, just need the right design.

Any help would be much appreciated.

AMD Athlon XP 1700+(1.47)@2200+(1.75)
MSI K7T266 Pro v2.0 - RU
512Mb Kingston PC2100 DDR
MSI GeForce 2 GTS Pro 64Mb
SoundBlaster Live Value
Acer 10x8x32 CD/RW
Pioneer 10x DVD
Watercooled 226Watt TEC cooling Processor.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd January, 2002, 10:28 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

best bet would be a hollow copper cylinder i think, ideally you want a small inlet into the evaporator, and waterblocks dont have that.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!