AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th July, 2004, 01:59 AM

Questions about water cooling

does leaking often happen?
IF you buy a kit would the tubes/metals condensate?
What materials condensate, because im useing artic silver 5, and im going to mount a water block to it?
Has anyone had any experience with AWC-1, i ordered it, its shipping.
ASUS P4P800-SE
SONY D9+DVD+/-RW
WD Raptor 74 gig 10k rpm
EVGA Nivida GeForce FX 5200 w/Personal Cinema
DYNAPOWER ATX case 86B2 w/430 watt PSU
Kingwin Artic Liquid Cooler AWC-1
Artic Silver 5
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th July, 2004, 02:29 AM

hey i'm running my system with the full asetek kit and no condensation will happen because it doesn't got that cold like a phase change kit. the water will be a few degrees C above ambient/case temp. AS5 works great with any HSF or waterblock. Definately test your system outside of your comp and run it for like 30 mins or more to test for leaks before you put it in. If you do leak make sure you remove any power source and let id dry for a few days. Also make sure you read all instruction pertaining with that kit. Good luck with WC
Asetek Waterchill Antartica
2x512 OCZ Platinum LL pc3200 @2.6v
2xSeagate 80 gig SATA raid-0
ATI 9800pro (460/800)
SB live 5.1 (old)
Pioneer 16x DL+DVD burner
Dell M992 19"crt 1600x1200 .24dp

Soon to be added

ATI x800XT-PE

Server
P4 1.6
Dell 4550
80gig IDE
512mb DDR PC-2100
Windows Server 2003 EE
[url=http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=45]
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th July, 2004, 02:30 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

Unless you are useing some kind of super cooling ( like a TECF or phase change) then you don't need to worry about condensation. Nothing will ever get below room temp so condensation isn't an issue. That only happens when the temp drops below the dew point, and unless it is foggy that doesn't happen at ambient temp.

Yes leaks can happen, that is why it is important to check for leaks befor starting the system. Leaks do not happen often if care is taken when putting your system together. If you use distilled water then a leak doesn't necesarrily mean fried equipment. I always use hose clamps.

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Old 27th July, 2004, 02:35 AM

also use distiled water and Redline Oil's Water Wetter to prevent any rust/reactions or algee growth!
Asetek Waterchill Antartica
2x512 OCZ Platinum LL pc3200 @2.6v
2xSeagate 80 gig SATA raid-0
ATI 9800pro (460/800)
SB live 5.1 (old)
Pioneer 16x DL+DVD burner
Dell M992 19"crt 1600x1200 .24dp

Soon to be added

ATI x800XT-PE

Server
P4 1.6
Dell 4550
80gig IDE
512mb DDR PC-2100
Windows Server 2003 EE
[url=http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=45]
AOA Team fah
Old 5th August, 2004, 03:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to BRAVOSNIPER47 Send a message via MSN to BRAVOSNIPER47

i am creating a special type of water cooling, but i also use a rather explosive/poisoness gas to chill the water to below 20F. yes that means condinsation, duh, but, thats were insulation comes in. w/ the proper insulation, u could have smal punctures in ur system, and nvr actually let any water or gases out of the tubing/insulation.

and hey, y do ppl even think about this method of water cooling, the one all u guys r using now. all u have is a copper or aluminum cooliong coild w/ ambient water temp goin thro the coils, then simply cooled down not even 20 degrees by a small lil fan, then have it run onto ur CPU.......a lil pointless if u ask me. and how much does a top of the line system cost......150-300 iv heard. i built my cooling system for under 300 and the water entering the CPU heatsink and GPU heatsink are BELOW 30 F. and yes, that does mean normal water would freeze......and thats y i dont use normal water. i should have a few models done and ready for company testing by october or november. il try n supply sum pics wen its all dun. write me an email or sumtin to discuss this or water cooling BRAVOSNIPER47@gmail.com