AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th January, 2002, 10:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

sorry to disappoint you all but the heatsink I was speaking of is stock for P4 :nervous:

I took a look at it and it didn't look like it needed lapping, however I did hit it with some steel wool to make a few more grooves.
Old 30th January, 2002, 10:25 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

ah..... that means we all been prattling on for no reason! but same applies AS2 or 3 is probably best idea.

cloasters solutiong to bending CPU: install the heatsink while the board is on a desk perfectly flat! sorted mine out 100%

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st January, 2002, 10:16 AM

I got a bit of a story about Intel TIMs

I bought a Boxed celly 400 a couple years ago, the forst system i ever built, came with a Heatsink and stuff. I built it all up and ran it for a while.. Then i bought a new sink, and tried to get the intel one off. It was stuck to the bloody chip, I used as much force as i dare and it wouldnt come off.. I didnt think of heating it up!
I lost interest and popped the case side back on. turned the comp on and played around for a while in GTA
After a couple of minutes i heard a bang.. didnt think anything of it until the system froze a minute or so later.
Looked inside and trhe sink had fallen off! I'd forgotten tho clip it back on!
Anyway enought of my rambling! I say leave it on til you get a swiftech or whatever then change over then.. if it works dont mess with it!

Dogs can never have too much fun! See Marge, Weee, weee, woo! wayhey! weeeeeeeee!!! -Homer
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st January, 2002, 11:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

hehe.. well impatient me - I already ripped the gum off and squirted the AS in there.. Swiftech is my next on the list tho.. just... still trying to decide if I want to hack up my shiny new Antec SX1040b to put in a watercooling system

.. even so, that new block from swifty is lookin pretty sweet