AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th August, 2004, 01:40 AM
Member/Contributer

I just have all the questions here!

Ok so I took my video card out of my loop, and refilled the system with a jug of "steam distilled water" well apperently(just a hunch) it wasn't just water, because now my system is full of bubbles. Or is it possible that this is a result of a faulty pump? I can assume its older, but could it be aereating(sp?) the water? I added waterbed addative and a container of super coolent from dangerden and it seemed to just make more bubbles. Now I can't get all the water out of the system, any good methods for doing this? I assume its something in the water, but I've flushed the system with 2 gallons already and its not stopping :-/. I've been pulling the cork off the res, letting all that water out, filling it with clean water and putting it back in, it sucks the clean water through and fills the res with the bubbly water, which I let out, but after 2 jugs later its still doing it. So anyone have tips on how to bleed the whole system, and if maybe its the pump, and how to stop this!
Old 7th August, 2004, 03:17 AM

I'm not sure if i'm right but as far as I know, leave the cork out of the radiator and leave the pump, just the pump, running and the air should filter out leaving just the water. I'm not sure if this will help but i've heard of this happening.
Old 7th August, 2004, 05:21 AM
Member/Contributer

well the pump won't push the water out unless it has end-to-end water.

I re-read that post, and it looks like it might be hard to understand. I filled the res repeatidly with fresh distilled water, and let it run. Now I've noticed when it runs out of water and sucks a bit of air, when it can't suck the whole bubble through, it foams up a brown foam and eventually pushes all the way through the system to the res, but then it keeps gettin cycled through. I wonder why its brown? I finally drained the whole system(no standing pools, drops here and there) but it still does it. It appears to be happening at the pump. Anyone know if the pumps use some sort of oil that might be leaking into the system? I thought it was plastic so it was silicon-lubricant based? Although now it appears to be losing some foam, where the tubes were ALL full of foam, now there isn't hardly any, mostly in the res next to the inlet pipe in the res, some periodically goes through the system. I assume that let run long enough whatever is causing it will lose its ability to create bubbles so it'll stop...yes?
Old 7th August, 2004, 05:49 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHouR
Now I've noticed when it runs out of water and sucks a bit of air,
Why is it running out of water?
Old 7th August, 2004, 05:53 PM

Have you always used plain distilled water with nothing else? You get be getting algae growing in there and if you have two different types of metal you might be getting corrosion. Make sure you have something like water wetter or antifreeze when you are filling it.
Old 7th August, 2004, 06:15 PM
AOA Staff

The brown stuff could be dead algae which has built up over time.
Old 8th August, 2004, 02:37 AM
Member/Contributer

only had the system for like 2 months, and I've always used algecide etc