AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th August, 2004, 03:34 PM

HS/F recommendations?

I'd like to get everyone's opinion possible on this, sooo...

What do YOU think the best heat sync/fan combo is best and pros and cons on the product? I can't go liquid cooling right now so I'm stuck with air cooled (but I have a window A/C unit blowing right towards my PCs and the room they're in stays at around 65-70F.

Epox EP-8RDA3+ and a 2600+ Mobile is the setup I'm going with. I just want your guys' (and gals'!) ideas on what will keep my new toys nice and cool.

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th August, 2004, 06:59 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

ThermalRight SP-97 or SLK-947U, then whatever sized fan you can tolerate the noise from. I'd probably get a 90 mm fan in the 50 CFM range, though. The Vantec Tornado will definitely keep it cool, but you won't need a sound card because you won't be able to hear anything else! You'll have to research both of the heatsinks for compatibility with your mobo, but one or the other should fit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!