AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th January, 2002, 08:41 AM

What HS/FAN for Epox Dual?

Prob won't OC, going for XP 1800's... What is the best bang for the $$ on HS/Fans? Would do the Swiftec, but that's prob overkill.. Thanks for any help..
Old 30th January, 2002, 11:40 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

swiftech doesnt = bang per $ at all!

yes they are the best but they also cost LOADS!

same performance but cheaper are alpha PAL 8045's VERY good sink indeed, also can run with nice quiet fans.

thermalright SK6 is good but loud

MTS Glaciator 2, good, and quiet

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."

Last edited by Random Nonsense; 31st January, 2002 at 02:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th January, 2002, 03:34 PM

I agree. Although I'd prob never so an SK6, just because of the rework that is required just to get it workable.. I think that is part of the manu's problems. The Alpha with what fan? I have gone through some fans.. Appreciate the help.
Old 30th January, 2002, 04:36 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

the alpha fits any 80mm fan, go for a quiet one as a delta is just too loud for most ppl...... i can cope with em tho

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th January, 2002, 05:47 PM

Glaciator Is are availible for $17.50. Cool and quiet.

If the supercooled, overclocking crowd discovers how fast duallies feel, there will be a stampede to build SMP rigs that will make the California gold rush look like a few little old ladies pushing shopping carts at the supermarket.
Old 30th January, 2002, 08:36 PM

Where? Thanks...
Old 31st January, 2002, 02:26 PM

i wouldnt go with glaciator 1's the 2 is heavy enough as it is! the 1 is kinda dangerous i hear

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 31st January, 2002, 08:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
i wouldnt go with glaciator 1's the 2 is heavy enough as it is! the 1 is kinda dangerous i hear
Through my own independant research(via the AMD method), I have found that the first Glaciator is the better performer. The Glaciator 2 will appear to out perform the original if you trust in socket thermistors, because it allows air to blow on the CPU package. Though as you say it is a little on the heavy side. This requires your motherboard to be placed on a horizontal plane while transporting the PC in an automobile . . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 2nd February, 2002, 01:48 AM

Actually, I would really like a good suggestion on a desktop case instead of my tower. That would make the HS/Fans sit like they should... Anyone know aof a good one? Thanks...
Old 2nd February, 2002, 02:04 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Yeah, buy a tower and lay it on it's side

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 4th February, 2002, 10:03 PM

I'm going to have to be different and go for a pair of Alpha8045s with quiet fans.. that way you can always upgrade to Uber Powerful fans one day if you want extra cooling, and besides, Just imagine a mobo with not one, but TWO HUGE alphas on.. Also, they use a good, SAFE mounting system. Them socket lugs really arent up to the task of holding a 400-500gram cooler even ON the socket, its seems to almost break the laws of physics how they keep them flat on the tiny core of an athlon!

Dogs can never have too much fun! See Marge, Weee, weee, woo! wayhey! weeeeeeeee!!! -Homer