AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th September, 2004, 01:00 AM

Intel P4 stock cooler Vs. Thermaltake Spark 7 +

Thermaltake Spark 7 + vs. Intel 2.4c stock cooler
I was browsing through a local shop when I saw this http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/spark/a1715.htm and said "wow just what I needed for my DURON 1.8 and what a nice price!"
I was so amazed with the price that I didn't notice this is a Pentium 4 cooler!

so now I'm thinking if I should return this or keep it to replace the stock intel cooler I got on my P4 2.4c@3.0GHz. If it's just a minimal upgrade from the stock cooler I'll return it. What do you say, should I keep it or not?

wife n' kids' rig: AXP2500+@2.1GHz | Soltek NF2 | 512Mb Geil DDR500 | 9700pro | SB live 5.1 | seagate barracuda 40Gb | Samtron 17" CRT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th September, 2004, 01:22 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to RussianMissile1

the spark 7+ is a good upgrade, if you can bear the 55dB of noise the fan generates at full speed.
Old 10th September, 2004, 01:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Going to a full copper heatsink will always be better than stock cooling, just make sure you get some decent thermal compound, i suggest Artic silver 5, there are others.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th September, 2004, 02:41 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Definitely a significant improvement. I think it has the SF2 fan built it, which gives you the choice of turning it up for more performance, or down for quiet... BTW, I think if you set it low, it should still outperform stock.