AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st October, 2004, 11:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to NeVeRmiNd

Safe Water Cooling???

I just bought this water cooling kit and I was wondering if this is an unsafe cooling because I would be bringing this to LAN parties and school and whatnot, if I was carrying this case around would it leak or be unsafe? Are systems with water cooling just supposed to be stationary and not ever be moved??? I was just wondering.....
Old 1st October, 2004, 11:14 PM

Heres the link..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6710142658
Old 2nd October, 2004, 12:17 AM

Shouldn't be a problem if you've leak-tested before. Definitely have to let it bleed again after you move it because you might get some bubbles from moving.
Old 2nd October, 2004, 01:17 AM

And how often do you find yourself having to add more water, and how do you bleed it? (do I have to disconnect hoses?) and if I don't put in antifreeze is it most likely to freeze the water?
Old 2nd October, 2004, 02:33 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Antifreeze is to stop corrosion.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd October, 2004, 03:16 AM

Oh.....
Old 2nd October, 2004, 07:09 AM

It's good to flush out your system every once in awhile. No matter what you add to your water, gunk will get in it and collect. Usually, you'll be able to see the gunk. I've had mine running for about two months and haven't needed a top off.

Bleeding is removing air bubbles from the loop. Some people use reservoirs, other's use T connectors in their tubing, and you can even get a bleeding kit. Basically run the pump for a sec to flush the bubbles out of the rad and especially the waterblocks, then turn it off again to let the bubbles collect again, topping off if you need to. Once the bubbles are gone, you're done (after 30 mins or so).

When moving a water cooled computer, the coolant splashing around may get air into the system. It's best to bleed again once you're setup to check for leaks (but I doubt one would develop if you've already tested for leaks) and bleed any air out.
Old 2nd October, 2004, 07:11 AM

Oh, and don't forget. There's lots of stuff you can put into a system. Pure antifreeze is not good. You want either Water Wetter, some Z racing collant, or mix your own with distilled water and Prestone!
Old 2nd October, 2004, 03:05 PM

Thanks!
Old 3rd October, 2004, 08:17 AM

np, I'm no guru, but I've put in my research setting up my rig.