AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st December, 2004, 02:01 AM

dose any one know the average temps of amd 2500+?

ive got mine overclocked and it runs 40c idle up to 46cloaded to 48c on games like half-life2,doom3,farcry,and ut2k4. is this to hot?
Old 1st December, 2004, 02:16 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Looks fine to me.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st December, 2004, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Looks fine to me.
exellent! thanks pitch but im still curious dose any one know what a stock 2500+ average temps?
ps i love that "componets killed" section in your pc post ive cooked a few pcu's and mobo's myself,and i didnt even have a stick with a marshmellow on it.......mmmmmm..marshmellows....

Last edited by eagle63; 1st December, 2004 at 02:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st December, 2004, 04:35 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle63
exellent! thanks pitch but im still curious dose any one know what a stock 2500+ average temps?
There is no way to answer that question, Eagle, because it depends on too many factors. What heat sink? What fan? What thermal compound? What ambient temp? What case temp?

As you can see, the answers to all of those questions will let one determine the answer to your question, but only for that particular configuration.

AMD says that a plain stock 2500+ should be able to run up to about 85 °C core temp (mobiles can run higher, I think up to about 100 °C). However, once you start overclocking the chip that maximum stable temp starts to drop drastically. Most of us are of the opinion that anything over about 50 °C is asking for trouble, but the real criterion is "When does it become unstable?". Once a chip gets hot enough to get unstable, it's too hot, period.
Old 2nd December, 2004, 12:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to goldtooth

hey, i got a amd 2500+ its running stock with a Thermaltake Volcano 12 HSF and Artic Silver 5 and my temps right now are 34C at idle and never ever go over 45 while gaming for a few hours(Half Life 2 and NFS Underground 2 mostly).

Before when i had the stock HSF and the original thermal paste that came with the processor my temps were in the high 40C - ~60C

AMD 2500+ (1.87GHz)
MSI KT6 Delta ( MS-7021 )
Seagate 120 gig HDD
PNY PC2700 512MB + Corsair PC3200 512MB
Asylum FX 5200 128MB(300core/415memory)
450 Watt PSU
Volcano 12
Artic Silver 5
Old 2nd December, 2004, 01:02 AM
Phat Spammer

Send a message via AIM to Phat Pat

eh, imbeded temp sensors are horribly inaccurate. they are only really good for checking against your own norms.

AOA Team fah
Old 4th December, 2004, 08:45 AM

Hay guys
Im new at this stuff but im running a 2500 mobil on a ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe. At 11X200=2200 MHZ. I was running a Thermaltake 11plus at about 41C Idel all the way up to 55C after a night of FAH.After reading the review in http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm
I decided to check out the Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12,what I ended up with was
a POLO 735 Extreme 3in1 [same thing with all the diferent hardware] and I used Artic Silver 3 paste. Well now after gaming for a copple hours or FAH for the same amount of time my top temp is 41C.
ebay has them for 30 US and I payed 40 at MicroCenter but this 66 fin copper heatsink with a 73CFM fan Kickes major backside.....BadArthur