AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th January, 2005, 06:43 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

ATI Silencer 4

All you X800 owners out there...do you have one of these? If you don't...please go out and get one! 69c loaded for an hour, to 57c loaded, overclocked 55mhz, and overvolted 0.07! Review to follow in abt a week.
Old 13th January, 2005, 08:03 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Look forward to reading it C.!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th January, 2005, 11:15 AM
Member/Contributer

the 6800 I'm getting comes with the nv silencer5, these are by the best coolers for graphics cards, much better even than passive coolers like zalmans as they help lower case ambient temps as well

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah

Last edited by GrahamGarside; 13th January, 2005 at 11:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th January, 2005, 11:43 AM
Member/Contributer

my waterblock does better :P I heard the 6800 ones are crappy...thats just what you can read online though...
Old 13th January, 2005, 12:50 PM
Member/Contributer

not what I've read
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD04NDg=

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 13th January, 2005, 05:22 PM

well my 6800gt (agp) stock cooler is fine it's around 47c when looking on web page and things on desktop when playing games the maxs i'v seen it is on cm rally 05 and it's still only 58c my old fx5950ultra got hotter at around 61c!!!!!

sabertooth 990FX
amd FX8350 @4.2ghz
16GB 1600mhz hyperX ram
AMD HD7970 3GB asus DCPC graphics
hyperX 120GB SSD
WD 320GB hard drive
1TB,500GB working over usb3
corsair HX850 psu
aerocool cyclone black case
window 8.1
asus monitor 24" 1920x1200 res.
Old 14th January, 2005, 02:23 AM
Member/Contributer

I was thinking more along the forums, where theres more of a pool of opinions to pull from Reviewers...ya never know...
Old 14th January, 2005, 02:40 AM
Member/Contributer

I actually have spotted several posts in other forums related to them being poor, I think mostly aimed at the galaxy 6800 card which comes included with one. the criticism being that they are poorly constructed and many cards fail so when mine arrives tomorrow I'll be giving it a thourough going over before using it.
I would guess they would be careful of the cards they send reviewers making sure it's put together right.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 27th January, 2005, 07:23 PM

Not so. ATI Silencer has been great so far

ATI Silencer, which is the same AC manufacturer, was the easiest mod I've yet to work on a video card. I have a stock built by ATI 9800 XT and put the Silencer 3 on it just recently. Dropped a full 10 C on both idle and load temps!! The RAM cooling is FAR superior to what's on there stock.

Maybe some after-market cards come with better fins, but if you have any cooling problems, then I recommend this. Mine was $31.00 TOTAL. Not too much money IMHO.