AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th March, 2002, 08:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

how much did that thing cost ya to make? oh and what did ya have to cut on that poor Antec case?
Old 20th April, 2002, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ItHuNkPuNk
how much did that thing cost ya to make? oh and what did ya have to cut on that poor Antec case?
I honestly dont remember what it cost. It was more then a real nice radiator/shroud setup but it was more for fun then anything anyway.

The case was barely modded all I did was remove the metal grill antec has molded into the case then the hosed just fit through the the opening no sweat.
Old 20th April, 2002, 04:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Well, that's a real piece of work man. I am seriously considering a water system, but I don't think I can make one myself because of the size (A LAN machine must be portable) and my worries of leakage... The cost of building my own internal bong cooler is just too dangerous...

What was the clock speed of that TBird before you OC'd it? I lost 10C when I ducted a fan to my heatsync with my XP1900+...
Old 20th April, 2002, 12:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

8 hours later, I am sold on water coolers. It's going to be in a fridge, so I don't have to have the huge tower you have. Does the water get cooled by the coils, or by that fan on the bong?

I am planning to have a bong inside of a mini-fridge that will keep the water freezing (just above, actually) cold so that I won't need a fan and radiator. And for LAN parties, I will just un-OC it and put my Volcano 7 back on.
Old 22nd April, 2002, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
What was the clock speed of that TBird before you OC'd it? I lost 10C when I ducted a fan to my heatsync with my XP1900+...
The bird was 1.2ghz 266 of the AXIA Y flavor.

Default voltage (mbm read 1.84)

Air 46c load 1.42 stable in prime
water 36c load 1.48 stable in prime

The water added some horsepower without anymore juice which is always a nice thing.

The XP was the one that shocked me. The AGOIA Y 1600+ at default voltage settings overclocked to 1.68ghz with passive air cooling (48c load) stable through Prime. Once I hooked up the water man at the same voltage it overclocked to 1.76ghz and this is still stable in Prime. All chips are not going to perform the same so some may not benefit as much from the H2O but this one loved it.
Old 22nd April, 2002, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
8 hours later, I am sold on water coolers. It's going to be in a fridge, so I don't have to have the huge tower you have. Does the water get cooled by the coils, or by that fan on the bong?

I am planning to have a bong inside of a mini-fridge that will keep the water freezing (just above, actually) cold so that I won't need a fan and radiator. And for LAN parties, I will just un-OC it and put my Volcano 7 back on.
Its cooled by everything that is 1.4lb of copper coil you know .

...but with this paticular setup the netting and fans do alot of the work. I should test the system without the fan then w/o the fan or netting just to see the differences.