AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th March, 2005, 03:37 AM

Aerogate 3 installation w/ antec quick release rails

I just bought an Aerogate 3 so I can turn down the speed of some of my fans so it doesn't always sound like the space shuttle is launching.

The tabs on the side are only 2" or so long, but my Antec case uses quick release drive rails. So when I install it with the quick release rails, they flop around. It will stay in if I fiddle with it, but when I press the buttons to adjust the fan it pushes the unit into the case.

Anyone know of a solution or a frame of some sort to keep the drive rails spaced properly at the rear where there is no support?
Old 20th March, 2005, 05:31 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Most of my cases uses rails, so I can visualize your dilemna. Are you using the rails in the right spot? Usually when fully inserted, the rails will snap into place and not go further. Do your rails uses screws? make sure they are tight. If the drive rails are plastic, maybe you could add additional holes to match the aerogate and stabilize it.

It would be easier to think of suggestions if you could post pics or links to the aerogate.... Maybe you could jam some cardboard or other flat item between the device and the DVDrom to add stability?
Old 20th March, 2005, 05:57 AM
Member/Contributer

the thing with antecs is the rails do go further when the device they are attached to only uses the first set of screws. Whats needed is a stiff brace between the 2 rails at the other end
Attached Thumbnails
Aerogate 3 installation w/ antec quick release rails-rail.jpg  

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th March, 2005, 11:29 AM

Nice drawing Thats exactly what I need. I guess I will have to fabricate something. Or buy another case