AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th April, 2005, 12:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

MBM and EpoX EP-8RGM3I

Ok... first off let me say im not overclocking at all, mainly because this pc is being for my car pc and secondly because of the lack of oc abilities this mobo has...

but i want to monitor temps on my board especially crucial being in a car, i installed MBM (Motherboard Monitor) but it didnt have my mobo's model in it so i chose a similar epox mobo... now it said that the cpu temp was round 71 celsius and the case temp was 35 celsius...

that didnt seem right, isnt it the other way around or shouldn't it be? also does anyone know where on this board the case temp sensor is?
Old 8th April, 2005, 08:38 AM

Question

Well, I don't know the mobo you have (even never heard of it ), but the temperatures seem to be high. Though they shouldn't be the other way round. I cannot write anything more, since you have not given any other details.

1) What CPU do you have? (the more details the better)
2) Is everything really running at stock speeds?
3) What kind of CPU cooler do you have there?
4) Is there any case ventilation /any case fans?

Btw. If you're not sure, whether the MBM reads properly, you can always configure it manually (like I did with my current mobo).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th April, 2005, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to djXternal Send a message via MSN to djXternal Send a message via Yahoo to djXternal

i have the amd athlon xp 2200+ w/ 133mhz fsb, with an old stock fan/heatsink, its not even in a case right now
Old 9th April, 2005, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djXternal
i have the amd athlon xp 2200+ w/ 133mhz fsb, with an old stock fan/heatsink, its not even in a case right now
2200+, FSB133 - so it's either a T-bred A or T-bred B and shouldn't idle at 71C, that's for sure (anybody heard about a Palomino 2200+ ????). Have you tried to configure MBM manually? You can always touch the cooler's heatsink - if your CPU really had those 71C, the heatsink would be too hot to touch it, even for a while.

I would advise to reinstall the cooler though and put some new thermal grease (Arctic Ceramique would be a good choice). As to case temps, they are usually measured somewhere on a motherboard - it isn't usually the chipset's temperature (while many people think so). Could be everywhere, can't tell ...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th April, 2005, 07:51 PM

yea ive switched the cpu and case temp sensors in mbm, and that seems to be correct, because idle i now have round 35 celsius for cpu, and when i set another larger fan ontop of the already stock cooling unit, the temp drops for the cpu not the case
Old 10th April, 2005, 11:59 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djXternal
yea ive switched the cpu and case temp sensors in mbm, and that seems to be correct, because idle i now have round 35 celsius for cpu, and when i set another larger fan ontop of the already stock cooling unit, the temp drops for the cpu not the case
The temperature is real for the CPU you've got, so the problem is solved, I think. Since it drops when you set an additional fan blowing cool air onto the stock cooler, you must have got the right sensor in MBM.

Old 10th April, 2005, 01:34 PM

alright thanks for the help