AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th September, 2001, 09:04 AM
eobard

14 degrees celcius for sale, I don't need them anymore!

Good morning people here's what I had:

Volcano II, radio crap thermal compound, no extra case fans, SETI temp of 49c.

Here's what I have now:

Volcano 6 cu+ (which I had to lap thank you very much Thermaltake!), radio crap compound, two 92mm fans, one front blowing out, one back blowing out and yes I know that's negative case pressure but I've a passive duct over my cpu and I don't want any air blowing back out it. SETI temp of 35c.

14c drop!!!!! 1200mhz here I come, hopefully!
Old 29th September, 2001, 02:53 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Cool! Water would have taken another 10 off, but those are very respectable figures for an aircooled CPU such as yours . . . . maybe some Arctic Silver and a light lapping of the CPU die would bring them down a couple more degress . . . .

Perhaps a Vcc mod is in order to assure your successful advance to 1.2GHz. Judging from your temps, 2v should be OK for your cooling system . . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th September, 2001, 05:51 PM
eobard

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
Perhaps a Vcc mod is in order to assure your successful advance to 1.2GHz. Judging from your temps, 2v should be OK for your cooling system . . . .
Yea but I'm at 1.85v now and I'm not sure how to volt mod my board, A7V-E. Anyone know which wires to wrap pin side? Also once I started adjusting the switches for the multiple it appears I busted one, regardless of how I set it or the others the multiple always reacts as if I set the third switch in the on position. I actually running at 994mhz instead of 1053mhz until I replace the switch! Someone suggested it might be a chipped core instead of a blown switch, can anyone else confirm or refute that with their own personal experiences or advanced technical knowledge?