AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th February, 2002, 08:12 AM

Angry I can't take it anymore

The noise from the Vantec 6035D
Im one use to quiet PC, this thing, this evil thing is driving me insane
Any recomendations on a good performing heatsink/fan combo? I have been looking into the volcano 7+
Old 1st March, 2002, 01:36 AM

So far a bit dissappotined with the volcanoe 7+ performance, cpu temp is 53 degress cel idle
Thinkinh I may have put a tad too much artic silver not sure though, its quiter than the vantech though!, might because of my name Enermax server cause though
Old 1st March, 2002, 02:43 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Sorry for not responding sooner.
One of the best (relatively) quiet air cooling solutions is the Millenium Glaciator. Not silent, but quiet compared to those 7K RPM screamers. Also, the Alpha 8045 (?) has potential too.
Old 1st March, 2002, 03:40 AM

*takes a nice piece of humble pie*
I stand corrected, the volcano 7+ requires some assembly, and well I assembled it backwards
Current idel temp on the medium setting is 38degress cel and the noise, well lets say its perfect slight hum from the case fans, no more screaming delta fan whoo!

Only let down is I have no idea where or how thermaltake wanted people to mount the fan adjustment nob, without having to crack open thier case to do it

And my FS-710 BB/Antec dropped my stem temp by about 15 degress

Last edited by demonX; 1st March, 2002 at 03:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st March, 2002, 07:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

I'd go for the Alpha PAL8045 with a 40CFM Sunon fan myself. That should prove superior on both the cooling and noise fronts.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st March, 2002, 02:15 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz Send a message via AIM to Jazz

Swiftech mcx 462 with a 4500 rpm fan. Or go stock to really go insane....
"Folding protiens and taking names"
Old 1st March, 2002, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
I'd go for the Alpha PAL8045 with a 40CFM Sunon fan myself. That should prove superior on both the cooling and noise fronts.
Yeah but there not as pretty as the Volcano 7+
Old 2nd March, 2002, 06:50 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I'm glad that the Volcano 7+ is sorted, demonx.
Who dare besmirchith the hallowed name of Alpha? I can't figure out whether I should buy a short aluminum 60 to 80mm adapter, then put a Delta 68 cfm 80mm fan on my Vantec CCK-6035D. Or, just buy the Alpha PAL-8045 and use the Delta 80mm on that.

I don't really need the cooling power of the Delta(be it the 60mm 38 cfm Screamer, or 80mm 68 cfm Senior Screamer). This is for a Duron 950 at stock. I dunno. Maybe a 33 cfm Pabst 60mm is the easy answer. Yeah, now that I think about it, the answer is a Pabst or Sunon ~33cfm 60mm.

Last edited by cloasters; 2nd March, 2002 at 06:54 AM.