AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st June, 2006, 03:41 PM

Artic Cooling

Hi there, I just bought and installed a new Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, and its had its 200 hrs now too harden the MX1 I used and this thing ROCKS, I had one of their ultra TC HSF's before this and it was totally inadequate at cooling but very pretty and silent, this new freezer 64 dropped my temps by 12 degrees under load on a chip that has been running way too hot... its a tall HSF, but it fits well, and even has fins to direct some air over the mosfets and ram... I would definately recommend this to anyone that wants a quiet effecient HSF for about $35 CAN...
Old 21st June, 2006, 05:07 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

just a note...it's 200hrs of thermal changes that set the thermalpaste...not 200hrs of runtime, AFAIK.
Old 21st June, 2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
just a note...it's 200hrs of thermal changes that set the thermalpaste...not 200hrs of runtime, AFAIK.
Would folding count? I have left it running the whole time...
Old 21st June, 2006, 06:19 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

it's the change between phases that helps the paste settle(hard, soft, hard), or so i think i read on the website...so 200 hours of hot/cold/hot/cold etc.
Old 21st June, 2006, 07:00 PM

well I think my kid has done that for me between BF2 and CS source... I did notice a few degree drop over three days...