AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd July, 2006, 08:14 PM

Cooler Master Aquagate Mini80 liquid cooling system

http://www.xoxide.com/coolermaster-a...-mini-r80.html

ive been looking at one of these for a S754 Athlon 64 3000+ and i was wondering if anyone ha shad any experiance or knowledge on them im not looking at it for super overclocks 200 mhz or so as thats all im pushing on my stock air plus the price is rather nice for this kit
Old 23rd July, 2006, 09:39 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

You should be able to get 200 mhz on a stock cooler, with any of the recent cpu's. what the deciding factor is, most often, is your ram.

I fear self-contained water-cooling kits, as teh coolant will slowly disappear...with no indictor to you that it's gone, other than your cpu overheating.

If I was you, and I have been in your shoes before, I'd simply get a good air cooler, and call it done.
Old 23rd July, 2006, 10:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I have read some not so great reviews on this. I will see if I can find one. For that price you can get a great air cooler. or get a great start on a nice water system.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2006, 12:24 AM

well at 2.2 ghz my Athlon 64 venice runs just fine for me and i can keep it stable at stock voltage and and on stock HSF at 2.6 Ghz i just thought water cooling would be able to keep it cooler at 2.2 than my air cooling and have some wow factor too

Last edited by Klick; 24th July, 2006 at 02:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2006, 12:36 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Zalman 7700 and 8500, or Thermaltake Big Typhoon will give you similar cooling. The Big Typhoon gave me the same temps as the Big Water watercooling kit from the same company.
Old 24th July, 2006, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
O yeah....absolutely awesome air unit....but quite large I might add.