AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th September, 2006, 03:00 AM

Jebao water pumps

Has anyone had any experience with Jebao water pumps. Ran into a aqua marine site and the stats on the water pumps look decent for the price. But I was wondering about quality, any two cents, or even heard of the make?
Old 28th September, 2006, 03:47 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I have never heard of them, but a quick we search reveals that they are manufactured in China by Zhongshan Jebao Electrical Appliance Co., Ltd.

There are a number of distributors on the web carrying them, for what that is worth. The prices I've seen quoted are only about 20% or so lower than what I would pay for a good Danner MagDrive (which translates to about $10 difference) so I'd tend to lean toward the Danner or some other quality pump.

Regardless of whether you go with the Jebao or not, I would not recommend getting anything with less that about 10' (about 320 cm) of head pressure. Anything capable of generating that kind of pressure will be more than capable of meeting your flow needs, and some of the high end water blocks like the pressure.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th September, 2006, 09:48 AM

Shoot for 10 feet, alrighty. I am looking at a Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 5 ... anyone happen to know how noisy it is? One of the main reasons as to why I am going to water-cooling is because of the current fan noise I have to put up with to keep my system cool.

Last edited by drewnashty; 28th September, 2006 at 09:48 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th September, 2006, 03:05 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I use the Danner MagDrive PondMaster 700. When it is running, you have to be within about 10 feet to even really hear it. Even then it's just the nice quite background hum of your typical pond or tank pump.
Old 29th September, 2006, 08:07 AM

Well the pump is going to be about 3.5 ft in front of me on the ground behind my computer. As long as it is quieter than about 25dba within a foot I think it would be good.

The only difference I can see that there is between the pond master and the supreme is that the pond master's power cord is 8 feet longer.
Old 29th September, 2006, 03:00 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I really don't have any way to measure SPL, but I can say that it is pretty darned quiet. You'll know it is there, but I don't find it at all noisy or distracting the way a fan is.