AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th April, 2002, 07:47 PM
BongWater

Variable Speed Multi-Fan Control

Here's a sweet fan controller...pretty nice design all around I think.

Quote:
First off, why does anyone want to continually turn their fans up and down? Well, after my Delta Experience I decided the next box would be as quiet as I could get it, within reason, without going water, or less performance. If you've lived with a Delta, you know what I mean. So I bought 3 - 80mm Enermax Case Fans, the pink-purple ones with clear blades, and screw adjustable speed controls. These are nice little fans for $8 US, but the only hassle was swinging the side cover open to adjust the fans up and down. After building the project below, I simply turned the adjustments all the way open on the fans, and use the front face plate mounted adjustor now.
http://www.apachego.com/cdesign/athl...ird/board1.jpg

Head on over and check it out.
Old 9th April, 2002, 06:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to kplonk

Yer looks good, you gunna make one??
Old 9th April, 2002, 07:22 PM
BongWater

Honestly, I have a fan bus and a couple of rheostats and thus don't feel the need to build one. And I'm not the best soldering person around. So no I'm not but I still think its the sweetest one I've yet seen.

Here's a comment from the owner of this site which you may recognize...
Quote:
That is a lot better demonstration that the one I did on my site!!! Very nice.

BongWater
:-D :-D :-D