AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th July, 2008, 05:11 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Thermal Paste Mini-Roundup!

Icrontic evaluate Tuniq TX-2, OCZ Freeze, Coolink Chillaramic, and Noctua NT-H1 thermal pastes for us:

It seems that you just can't get away from thermal paste in the hardware industry these days. Just about every heatsink manufacturer now offers some form of “premium” thermal paste product. I've seen some pretty lofty claims by some of these makers—“lower CPU temperatures by 3-5 degrees!” or “Drop your CPU temperature by 10%!”. That sounds great on paper, but I've always been very skeptical of these claims. Don't get me wrong—I do not discount the importance of a quality thermal paste being used during HSF installation, but I've never really been convinced that there is enough variance between pastes to concern me.

Read more on the Front Page:
Thermal Paste Mini-Roundup!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th July, 2008, 05:00 PM

I was surprised to see that the Tunig TX-2 out performed Arctic Silver Ceramique by 2 degrees C & at almost half the price too!

Too bad Silver 5 wasn't thrown into the mix as I would have liked to see how that stacked up against the TX-2 thermal paste.

The problem is though that it doesn't fully setup till after 200 hrs of use as I've personally seen by my temps continually dropping as time goes on.
So I'm sure that's why it wasn't used in this comparison testing & Ceramique was used instead.

Over all, good review and testing.

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 29th July, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!