AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st May, 2002, 04:17 PM
The_Silverite

Motherboard Monitor Problem

here's the problem: MBM gives a readout for CPU2 as 76C, but 0C for CPU1 (set to WinBond 2 and WinBond 1, respectively). Now, when I check the CMOS temperature during a reboot, it reads about 42C for both processors. If I exit the CMOS without saving, I get to select different sensors for Motherboard Monitor, and I recieve similar temperature readouts. how can I get MBM to always load up this set of sensors?

I'm using a Tyan Dual-athlon board, if that info helps.
Old 31st May, 2002, 04:50 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

You should head to the MBM support site, through help in MBM. I think they try to identify the settings for different mobos. Winbond gave me goofy readings too on my dual rig. For my BP6 rig, I used something other than winbond..
Old 3rd June, 2002, 09:18 PM
The_Silverite

Looked at their section on Tyan Mobos, and it said something about setting the Tyan switch in the Advanced menu. What's the Tyan Switch? I haven't seen a Tyan switch in the advanced menu...