AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd June, 2002, 06:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
10053 == loose...

If you want an entire kit, for a good price, look at the link I posted in the post above.

Now, no more arguing between Spyder and me – It’s getting old!
old no kidding- i think someone has just grown up...... (but still needs to learn more before he can "I do know what I am talking about......."LOl and we will leave it at that note! Get the innvotek watercooling-
Xbox's will drop another $50 soon enought-
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd June, 2002, 06:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder

old no kidding- i think someone has just grown up...... (but still needs to learn more before he can "I do know what I am talking about......."LOl and we will leave it at that note! Get the innvotek watercooling-
Xbox's will drop another $50 soon enought-
Spyder
We will leave that one alone (Some one else needs to grow up! jk)

I would get watercooling now, and wait for the Xbox to drop in price, as Spyder said.
Old 3rd June, 2002, 06:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Or buy both and watercool the xbox with the invotek kit like at hardocp.com-
Spyder :-D
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd June, 2002, 08:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
Or buy both and watercool the xbox with the invotek kit like at hardocp.com-
Spyder :-D
LOL! That was quite awesome, the watercooled XBox I want to try it some time with a GameCube... Do you think it would fit?
Old 3rd June, 2002, 09:01 AM

Now this is a NICE setup, and for a very reasonable price, too!

Gemini Cool High Flow Spiral..........$40
Pro-Combo (Radiator w/ Shroud)....$56
Danner Supreme Model 2..............$48
...............................................$144 + S&H

All from DTek Customs
Old 3rd June, 2002, 02:37 PM

Thanks guys!!!

And a special thanks to you sigma X for all the links

Well, I guess you guys are right, the XBOX's price should still continue to fall......................L wait

As for the watercooling, I really like the looks of the Innovatek kit. The problem is that I havent found a decent way to deal with the power cord of the pump. I was thinking maybe have the pump OUTSIDE of the case SCREWED on the back of my Lian Li PC65 just below the exhaust fan. Do you guys think its possible with the EHEIM pump??? So, as long as I do not know where to place the pump, I think I'm gona delay the purchase of the watercooling kit.
Old 3rd June, 2002, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JayJay
Thanks guys!!!

And a special thanks to you sigma X for all the links

Well, I guess you guys are right, the XBOX's price should still continue to fall......................L wait

As for the watercooling, I really like the looks of the Innovatek kit. The problem is that I havent found a decent way to deal with the power cord of the pump. I was thinking maybe have the pump OUTSIDE of the case SCREWED on the back of my Lian Li PC65 just below the exhaust fan. Do you guys think its possible with the EHEIM pump??? So, as long as I do not know where to place the pump, I think I'm gona delay the purchase of the watercooling kit.
Just run the power cord through the fan thing on the back of the case. Drill a little hole in it... Or talk to Spyder - He has a professinal way
Old 4th June, 2002, 02:09 PM

just remember danners need a little work done to them to stop leaks around the intake(but no big deal)...if u have the money i would get a ehiem...as for a rad i just bought mine at NAPA and added some barbs to it for 25.00 home made shroud and a little paint

http://www.dtccom.net/~spchrc/html/i...s/image011.jpg
All fits nicely inside my case
ambient(26c) 2.0v Core(33.5) Loaded
idle(31.5c)
Enermax 431 watt
Antec 1030B
Gainward Geforce 3 TI200 241/548
Sony CDRW
Creative 52x CD
Soundblaster Live
Old 4th June, 2002, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UpAllNight
just remember danners need a little work done to them to stop leaks around the intake(but no big deal)...if u have the money i would get a ehiem...as for a rad i just bought mine at NAPA and added some barbs to it for 25.00 home made shroud and a little paint

http://www.dtccom.net/~spchrc/html/i...s/image011.jpg

UpAllNight,

Do you have more pics of your system??? Jst wana know where the power cord of your eheim pump runs through???
Old 4th June, 2002, 03:24 PM

i just ran mine through a hole in the back of my case with a rubber gromet i am a believer in leaving a pump running 24/7 like a magdrive pump was designed to be(for fish aquariums and ponds)

heres a link for different ways to wire a pump though

http://www.procooling.com/articles/h...umps_-_p.shtml
idle(31.5c)
Enermax 431 watt
Antec 1030B
Sony CDRW
Creative 52x CD
Soundblaster Live
Old 4th June, 2002, 03:27 PM

maybe these will help

Pic's of my new w/c setup
idle(31.5c)
Enermax 431 watt
Antec 1030B
Sony CDRW
Creative 52x CD
Soundblaster Live
Old 7th June, 2002, 04:04 PM

Thanks UpAllNight

One last question: Why should you watch out for bubbles that form inside the tubing??? Is it because pressure that builds up inside the tubing or sumting is bad??? Or is it because if bubbles form in the tubing heat transfer wont be as effective???
Old 7th June, 2002, 05:13 PM

Quote:
One last question: Why should you watch out for bubbles that form inside the tubing??? Is it because pressure that builds up inside the tubing or sumting is bad??? Or is it because if bubbles form in the tubing heat transfer wont be as effective???
when bubbles form there could be a leak on the suction side of your pump...or if its a new setup it just means that your system is not all the way bleed yet....which well make it not tranfer heat as well and results in higher temps(especialy if u get air traped in your rad.)
idle(31.5c)
Enermax 431 watt
Antec 1030B
Sony CDRW
Creative 52x CD
Soundblaster Live
Old 7th June, 2002, 07:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Orbit Send a message via Yahoo to Orbit

yeah, bubbles seem to appear after running awhile. I believe they were trapped in the heater core radiator I use, so I just topped it off twice, and that's that.

I started hearing strange ticking sounds, and for awhile thought it was just harddrive access, but found there was a huge bubble in the line. After topping it off, no more noise.

I use an Eheim, btw. very nice pump, very quiet, cool running, and rebuildable, if need be.

A Chieftec with a bunch of PCB's, Drives, Cables, and Water

-----------------------------------------------------------
Laws are for the lawless, who disregard them anyway... Crow