AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th June, 2002, 03:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Gf4 Waterblocks

Seen these at www.dangerden.com????? There great! I love the case to0---
sPYDER
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th June, 2002, 05:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Re: Gf4 Waterblocks

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
Seen these at www.dangerden.com????? There great! I love the case to0---
sPYDER
Yes, but for a GeForce4Ti water block, I want RAM also. That is why we (Yes, me and you Spyder) are going to mill some (Remember that metal shop contact of mine? Heh, useful!) Hopefully we can get them made cheap. I'll work on a simple design later tonight (Once my Spanish essay is done ) and also one for dual HD's - I need a HD cooler!
Old 5th June, 2002, 05:40 AM

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/koo-03.html
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th June, 2002, 06:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Quote:
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/koo-03.html
That's rather what I want to build. But I think I can do it out of copper for a lot less, with 1/2" barb's.
Old 5th June, 2002, 03:08 PM

You might want to check out bladerunners HDD block at www.zerofanzone.co.uk

His watercooled PSU is pretty cool as well.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 5th June, 2002, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
You might want to check out bladerunners HDD block at www.zerofanzone.co.uk

His watercooled PSU is pretty cool as well.
For the waterblocks, that very close to what I want to do. I have in mind a different (possibly better) design for the HDD cooler though. We will see once it’s all done I will try to get some drawings up tonight.
Old 5th June, 2002, 08:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to chazz469 Send a message via AIM to chazz469 Send a message via Yahoo to chazz469

I like the Bladerunner GPU/RAM cooler. But I like this one better. This will probably be the one that I get when I upgrade my GF2.

And right now I'm in Heaven!!!

AMD XP1600+ @ 1754MHz >> and gradually working my way up!!!
MSI KT3 Ultra ARU
GF2 MX400 (200/334) @ 233/366
2x 20GB Maxtor RAID 0
1x 30GB Maxtor --> WinXP
Old 6th June, 2002, 12:56 AM

This is NOT TO SCALE, as I don't want to take out my GF4 right now. This is just a basic idea. Oh, and we just figured out that we can get access to a CAD controlled (What are they called) milling machine So we can do anything!
Attached Thumbnails
Gf4 Waterblocks-gf4_block.gif  
Old 6th June, 2002, 12:57 AM

And here is a simple HD cooler:
Attached Thumbnails
Gf4 Waterblocks-hdd_block.gif  
Old 6th June, 2002, 12:58 AM

CNC and ANY waterblock/ watercooler will tell you NOT TO loop the blocks!!!!!
Spyder
AOA Team fah
Old 6th June, 2002, 03:06 AM

Quote:
CNC and ANY waterblock/ watercooler will tell you NOT TO loop the blocks!!!!!
Spyder
Yes, that's it. We have a contact that has a CNC that we can use Thankx to Spyder

What do you mean by looping?

And can you draw up some CAD designs?

Last edited by SiGmA_X; 6th June, 2002 at 06:58 PM.
Old 6th June, 2002, 05:44 AM

Whats a CAN drawing? I dont think u want this......... (looping is connecting a chain of waterblocks together-
Spyder :-D :-D :-D
Attached Thumbnails
Gf4 Waterblocks-pic59.gif  
AOA Team fah
Old 7th June, 2002, 05:24 AM

I just finished this design for a GeForce4Ti block. I think it will fit, too.

This design is to scale.

http://fusiongamez.com/~sigma_x/aoa/gf4_1.gif
Old 7th June, 2002, 05:29 AM

Wont work- the water in/out CAN NOT face DOWN- there are capasitors and pci slots there!
Spyder- and that cant be to scale- i have seen to scale- the memory is to small
Spyder
AOA Team fah
Old 7th June, 2002, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Wont work- the water in/out CAN NOT face DOWN- there are capasitors and pci slots there!
Spyder- and that cant be to scale- i have seen to scale- the memory is to small
Spyder
Wrong. Memory is 4" on each way. It work's perfectly. The main cooler on the HSF that is already on the GeForce4Ti is 2.75"x2.25" with the holes being 3.25" apart (Measured diagonally.)

And I think that if you want to be able to cool almost any PCI/AGP card, the inlets will face that way - UP. These would go out and up from the card. It would work.

Now, can some one with EXSPERANCE with water-cooling a GeForce3 or GeForce4 respond?
Old 7th June, 2002, 05:55 AM

Wrong they would not work how you drew them. The outlets face down- and there is not enought clearnce to have ANY FORM of connector come down (3/8inch or larger in which i hope you would use) and "out" from the bottom like in your DRAWING. And no i am right- they are 4inch- BUT width is TOOSMALL it SHOULD be 1inch accross i have worked with PROFESIONAL built blocks unlike some unexperianced people.."Cought"You"Cought" And you should realy stop copying other people ideas- i showed you a similar one from zero fan zone.
The Spyder
AOA Team fah
Old 7th June, 2002, 05:57 AM

Oh- and way to small of channels- will cut waterflow by atleast 1/2 if using 3/8inch tubing- more if using 1/2inch tubing- re-think your idea- i suggest you flip everything UPSIDEDOWN-- and what are we making this from? How do you plan to attach this?
Spyder
AOA Team fah
Old 7th June, 2002, 06:04 AM

The in/out-lets are not defined. They would be piped out and up. In the drawing, they are just OUT, and not up, because that is not part of the block.

Don't take credit for ZFZ stuff. I found that and you aren't happy because I showed you the site.

Those are 1" wide. Measure it.

The width is a little small, but it would be wider in accual building. It is 1/3" inch here, vs 3/8".

Last edited by SiGmA_X; 8th June, 2002 at 04:43 AM.
Old 7th June, 2002, 06:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Ok guys. I think we should play nice.....

I have also been playing with the idea of making my own blocks. I have a machine shop here at work. I have a unit that has an AC compressor and coils the cold tubing through a watrs tank to cool the water. It also has a built in pump. I will post a pic when I get home. I would have to run the water lines out the case since the unit is quite large. It keeps the water at about 40F. Might be a bit cool but hey its worth a try.

Hey Sigma, should you connect the ram and GPU blocks together and then run them away from the mobo? I think this is what Spyder is talking about.

Last edited by Samuknow; 7th June, 2002 at 07:09 PM.
Old 7th June, 2002, 10:50 PM

Caught this thread in my server stats, so thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

I'm currently working on a GF4 Ti4600 full liquid cooling solution. It's going to be done to a Gainward 750XP, kindly supplied by Deviant PC (in conjunction with Gainward UK), for the project.

let me know how you guys get on with your GF4 coolers. The main trouble I see with a one piece GPU / Ram cooler, is milling it accurately enough to ensure good contact on both considering the height difference. Not easy but like you say should be possible with good CNC equipment You'll be able to check my progress at Deviant PC more about it Here

Last edited by BladeRunner; 7th June, 2002 at 11:07 PM.