AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th June, 2002, 02:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Water cooler

I have this rig that has been around for a little while. I have it sitting out sde my garage covered up so id doesn't get ruined my the weather. Basically it has an AC compressor that instead of having a typical evaporator and fan setup the cold freon passes through a jacketed tube that has water passing in the outside jacket that is cooled by the freon. The water is also stored in the resivoir (see pics). This is also the return for the water. Basically the water stays about 40F... I am worried about condensation. I am planning on coating my entire board with conformal coating that will keep the moisture out.

It is actually rather quiet especially how cool it will run. But it is big and will have to have it's own enclosure. Plus it also puts out a little heat of its own. I will prob set it up on a diff rig just to get results. I don't imagine my wife will be diggin this thing running all the time. May even put it outside and run water lines in the window.

Ok already here are some pics. the unit needs to be cleaned up a little but is perfectly functional.
Attached Thumbnails
Water cooler-mvc-001s.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th June, 2002, 02:31 PM

another one

The connection shown is the water outlet after it is cooled. Really all I need is a water block and the lines and I'm good to go...
Attached Thumbnails
Water cooler-mvc-003s.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th June, 2002, 06:02 PM

Very nice.

Whats that thing from ?

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 10th June, 2002, 06:28 PM

Where I work we make medical devices that support kidneys during the transplant procedure. This is the chiller unit from the old version that has been discontinued. Once I get it cleaned up and some hoses on it I will post (a smaller) another pic. The hole thing runs on 110 and has tthe condensor coils underneath with a fan.
Old 23rd August, 2002, 09:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

can you hook me up w/ one?
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 24th August, 2002, 12:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

You must have a very understanding wife if she lets you keep something that ugly in the garage Samuknow

Can't wait to see what the beast looks like after it gets cleaned up. And I can't wait to see what temps it's capable of sustaining with a constant load . . .

Good luck getting it all ready . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 24th August, 2002, 03:04 PM

It actually lookes alot better now. Clean and painted. Plus all the uneeded stuff stripped away. The new I got is very clean and in the cabinet it is used in. Nice blue roll around. I'll update soon.
Old 24th August, 2002, 06:33 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Can't wait to see a pic.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 27th August, 2002, 01:52 AM

I would be interested in seeing this thing also.
Old 4th August, 2004, 12:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to BRAVOSNIPER47 Send a message via MSN to BRAVOSNIPER47

hello there, i came to this forum board thro google n read sum o this stuf. just to let u all no i am in the process of creating a Freon cooled PC/CPU. reaches below freezing temps etc, w/ no sweat/condensation/water accumulation/ and or any form of liquid leakage. wen its all said n done if i remember il try n post sum pics or sumtin here. email me if u would like 2 hear some of my plans or tips or w/e or share ideas n crap. i have been playing this 4 about 8 months now. and i am in the building process of the PC and cooling system and all now. o and by the way, the whole water cooled systems, they suk, absolutely useless, they are cooled by a damn cooling coil w/ a fan removing heat from the coils therefore obviosly cooling the water, but, its completely useless, and i really wondered y no1 even thot about using sum type of compressor/freon unit to cool air/water. if any of u have this type of PC water cooling system email me. tx, ttyl.
Old 4th August, 2004, 02:15 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Hey Bravo,
Welcome to the forum!!!! When you take this venture down this path PLEASE post some pix and keep us in the loop!!!
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 5th August, 2004, 01:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to BRAVOSNIPER47 Send a message via MSN to BRAVOSNIPER47

yea m8 np, im kinda in the copyrite part of the whole thing now. ne1 here a lawyer? or no a cheap 1????