AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th June, 2002, 01:35 AM

New Tiasol Cooler, Wow

The story is short and it's translated.Here is the translated story from Google:

Quote:
The famous manufacturer Taisol radiator should propose soon a new solution of cooling. Sne7hp-f1 will be composed of a plate directly in contact with the processor.

This plate will be connected to the radiator via three tuyeaux drivers of heat, below this same radiator a ventilator 3600 tours/minute (28dB) will have the role of cooling the whole of the block
Here is the original story I found

It's a pretty interesting concept, huh? It sort of reminds me of a self contained h20 radiator system Several other manufactureres have used this technology this one from Cooler Master comes to mind, but the Tiasol seems to go several steps further. Is this a new trend in cooling?

Waddya think?
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th June, 2002, 02:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Geeze,

that is righteous. And I must say quite HUGE. Good thing it utilizes the 4 holes next to the socket. I wait to see a review on this thing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th June, 2002, 06:38 PM
Member/Contributer

over at taisol.com there is a picture of the unit as well. (it says "Screw on")

It really looks cool..
Old 16th June, 2002, 06:57 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan

It really looks cool..
we HAVE to come up with a new word to describe a "cool" heatsink...... cos its just groan inducing

I wouldnt ming getting my mitts on one of those tho!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 16th June, 2002, 08:40 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I just never know until someone actually hangs one off a CPU, but it sure looks like they're TRYING! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 17th June, 2002, 12:17 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
I just never know until someone actually hangs one off a CPU, but it sure looks like they're TRYING! ":O}
It appears to be a P4 heatsink grrrrrrrr wont be hanging one of any of my CPU's soon

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 17th June, 2002, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense

It appears to be a P4 heatsink grrrrrrrr wont be hanging one of any of my CPU's soon
Yes it is a P-4 HSF. I am a stalwart AMD dood but just thought it was too interesting to pass up!
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Old 17th June, 2002, 07:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Hummm............ that looks simmilar to the heatsync that Shuttle micro P4 systems are going to be using!
ill post a link when i find it!
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah