AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th June, 2002, 11:54 AM

80mm ==> 92mm fan adaptor????

Is there such a thing as a 80mm --> 92mm fan adaptor???

I wanted to try one of those 92mm Vantec Tornados on my Swiftech :devil: heheheheeheh

Last edited by JayJay; 17th June, 2002 at 12:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th June, 2002, 12:18 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Im pretty sure there should be, but i dont know where, why not make one? cardboard would work!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th June, 2002, 12:34 PM

Well, as much as possible I want a adapter thats done professionally because I have a huge PC window.

Plycon has some but they are: 80mm-60mm , 120mm-80mm, and 92mm-60mm. NO 92mm-80mm!!!

So If you guys spot any in the net......let me kno
Old 17th June, 2002, 12:41 PM

Hey I found one!!

Check this thing out.....its pretty cool

Mount ANY fan to ANY heatsink

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/amunfanad.html
Old 17th June, 2002, 02:06 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

erm, that thing is pretty useless, most of the air just escapes around the heatsink......... If anything you would get higher temps i think.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 18th June, 2002, 03:49 PM

How about you use it with one of those Tornado fans that seem to be designed to have those "focused flow" blades just like the DELTAs???

If you think about it..........the Swiftech MCX462 does not have any fan shrouds to redirect the air and still achieves amazing performance.

http://www.vantecusa.com/tornado.html
Old 18th June, 2002, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JayJay
How about you use it with one of those Tornado fans that seem to be designed to have those "focused flow" blades just like the DELTAs???

If you think about it..........the Swiftech MCX462 does not have any fan shrouds to redirect the air and still achieves amazing performance.

http://www.vantecusa.com/tornado.html
The MCX462 is an 80mm heatsink, with an 80mm fan i say use a proper duct, not a simple strap an oversized fan on.

Air, much like water will take the route of least resistance if it can, so having a gap around the edge will tend to make a higher proportion of air escape out the sides. as well as that, most of the airflow is generated at the blade tips anyway.

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 18th June, 2002, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense

Air, much like water will take the route of least resistance if it can, so having a gap around the edge will tend to make a higher proportion of air escape out the sides. as well as that, most of the airflow is generated at the blade tips anyway.
You've got a very good point there Thanks man!!
Old 18th June, 2002, 04:41 PM

why dont all heatsinks have shrouds on them? so the air hasta go all the way down to the bottom to escape? i did that on a coolermaster and got at least 5c out of it... i think it was more...
Old 18th June, 2002, 04:44 PM

Im thinking of doing an experiment on a delta, to quieten it and INCREASE airflow.... the noise comes from air over the blade tips, and you lose air over them, so if i shroud them it will be less noisy, and blow more air i think! Just will sticky tape do? lol

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED