AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th June, 2002, 02:49 AM

Question Global Win ?????

I picked up a Globel Win CAK 38 w/copper sink all new still in the box for $10. I don't know anything about it except I like the way it looks . Anyone know if it's worth using or not or did I get SCREWED
Old 28th June, 2002, 05:49 AM

Re: Global Win ?????

Quote:
Originally posted by SadisticWarrior
I picked up a Globel Win CAK 38 w/copper sink all new still in the box for $10. I don't know anything about it except I like the way it looks . Anyone know if it's worth using or not or did I get SCREWED

If you got the fan as well, that's a great deal, just the heatsink is still a good deal. Here is a quote from a review at Dredd News: "As you can see from the 'above ambient' results, the CAK38 and the Vantec CCK-6035D perform exactly the same under load, but in different ambient temperatures. Overall, this is an excellent cooler from a well known and easily trusted company. GlobalWIN has been in this game for a long time and they definitely know what they are doing. I only wish they would get rid of that nasty clip ."

Here is one from my site I work on Overclocked Cafe: This is probably one of the better performing all copper coolers around, and one of the cheapest. As long as you take a bit of caution mounting the cooler, and don’t mind the “sweet hum” of the 7000+ RPM Delta, this is definitely one to pick up for help in your overclocking efforts. You may be able to sub the Delta for something quieter, but I wouldn’t recommend it. You need a high output fan for best performance with this copper cooler. It’s all copper, it’s cheap (affordable), and it performs well. It doesn’t get much better than that."

The Directron site lists it with a fan for $31.00.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!