AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd July, 2002, 07:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to drow_elf Send a message via AIM to drow_elf

how to secure temp monitor?

i finished modding a RS indoor/outdoor thermometer but i dont know how to secure it and what to do with the wires... for now i ran the wires through the back of my case and have everything "dangling" but i need to get it together so i can take this thing to lan parties...

i thought about cutting a hole in the top front of the case and mounting it there but i wouldnt be able to get to the sensor switch w/o lots more modding...

the other part is how to route + secure the wires? i have coverings for my PSU wires and i might be able to slip them in there...

how can i get the probe closer to the core (its a SECC2) ive coated the whole thing in polyuerthane so its not conductive and i also put a piece of heatshrink  over the solders and partway up the thermister legs (though it didnt shrink very much- anyone know what happend?))
Old 24th July, 2002, 01:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I'm not really sure what wires you are talking about. Is it powered by AC?

As far as the probe goes, did you remove the bulb covering from it? There is a very small thermister inside. you can put this right up against the CPU.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2002, 06:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to drow_elf Send a message via AIM to drow_elf

the wires to the probes

probe A is bare and probe B has a hard plastic shell (i dont dare scrape it off, its so hard i would proll cut the thermister in half!)

i cant seem to slide probe A in with the HS on because the black-plastic on the back of the CPU cartridge is in the way. i would be worried about closing the HS over the sensor for fear of pressing one of those surface mount componets to hard...

where to put the readout though? i want it to be all internal (not wires hanging outside the case, be visible, and not have to be moved very often. i looked at the side of the driverails but the readout is too big to fit