AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th August, 2002, 09:29 AM

Througbread xp2200+ temp. reports..post here

I'd like to open a topic with temp. reading with the xp2200+, in various conditions. Hope this will help me (and others) understand if they're doing fine or not. Please post ONLY configuration and temps, let's keep this post only for raw data, and comment out in other posts the reasons.

Mine :

8k3a
xp2200+ unlocked @ 2035 (185*11)
vcore 2.00

d-uranium waterblock , water temp about 30 C° (damn i live in hell )

effective water load (from the tube coming from the WB) : about 150 L/h.

temp reading from bios at boot : 55 C°
temp after prime 95 torture test : 65 C°

Trying the default config (1800 mhz@1,65v) doesn't help much, i get just 10 C° less after tests....

So this proc is hot like hell, and there seems to way to cool it... but i have reports from others stating that, in similar configuration as mine, the get about 42 C° after stress test, that's to say about 23 C° less then me. So the big question : Do I have a unluck cpu, do others have extremly luck cpu, or am i doing something wrong ?

Last, let me say that the wb is correctly mounted, termal compund is ok, and so on.
Old 13th August, 2002, 10:22 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Re: Througbread xp2200+ temp. reports..post here

Quote:
Originally posted by *Fab*

d-uranium waterblock , water temp about 30 C° (damn i live in hell )
Um that is the NAME of the block not the material i assume?

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th August, 2002, 10:55 AM

yes, you can find it here :

http://www.oclabs.com/index.shtml
Old 13th August, 2002, 11:19 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Drunkenmaster has a similar set up, ill just show him the thread. sorry for posting other than temps!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th August, 2002, 11:23 AM

at the moment i'm at 1.86v in windows and just under 2Ghz. Temps currently reading 66C not under Load, although they are now barely raising under load.

Using watercooled setup, i know my block is slightly scratched so lapping will help bring temps down a little. BUt too think they seem overly hot. Yes the chip runs hot, but i don't think it should be this hot,m o watercooling.

I was hitting around 75C under full load at 2.1Ghz at 2.1v. IT was actually fully stable but just incase that was correct temp i didn't like it that high.

T-bred@2.0Ghz | GS GF4Ti4600 | 512MB Win DDR400 |Chieftec Full Blu Audigy |40x cdrw | DVD 16x | 90GB of HD's | 550W PSU | Frog
Watercooled, kinda!!!
Old 13th August, 2002, 11:54 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA's Forums, *Fab*!
As depleted Uranium is a component of spent reactor fuel, which kills all living creatures(even ****roaches) in seconds if they are near the stuff(spent reactor fuel, that is), are you certain that you want a couple of pounds of it in your PC?

I don't really know how "hot" depleted uranium as used in munitions is. Can't be good for ya, though. Then again, you might be pushing our legs. I hope so.
Old 14th August, 2002, 12:49 AM

Who cares about the waterblock, the price of this chip dropped 33% in the uk today, form the £190 i paid to the £130 it is today.

Life sucks, mesa thinks this indicates the 2400+ XP t-bred will be out in a few days, or the long awaited Hammer chips, which were rumoured to be released late august a while back( very much a rumour thought everyone but me) with a stealthy release to really kill the P4. I doubt the second case, but the 2400+ seems likely to be hitting any day now.

T-bred@2.0Ghz | GS GF4Ti4600 | 512MB Win DDR400 |Chieftec Full Blu Audigy |40x cdrw | DVD 16x | 90GB of HD's | 550W PSU | Frog
Watercooled, kinda!!!
Old 7th September, 2002, 12:54 PM

Mines 54 C at stock speed and silent fans (CBK 1 and papst case fans) seems hot but looking at the rest, not really
Old 10th September, 2002, 12:53 PM

Cool

:clown: I have 2 - 2200's and they both run low to mid 50's at stock w/alpha 8045 and Delta 68cfm fan. Depends on what mobo you have and where it reads core temps from, too. IMHO
Old 22nd September, 2002, 08:35 PM

With all mem settings maxed out, but no OC'ing yet.

idle 33c
after couple hrs prime95 39c

Even after several hours of abuse I have never seen it hit over 40c.

I am using slk800 w/tornado 80mm fan and excellent case cooling.

Will post back with results after I start OC'ing next week.
512k Corsair xms3200
Gainward golden sample ti4600
80 gig WD SE
Antec true power 550w
Old 29th September, 2002, 05:29 AM

My vcore is currently 1.85, my fsb is at 166 and my multiplier is 11.5 giving a cpu clock of 1909 MHz.

I'm using an Thermalright SLK-800 heatsink coupled with a Thermaltake 80cm Smartfan running at full speed.

Mytemps: Idle: 32C Heavy load: 42C.

I should also add that I'm using the WPCREDIT tweak to execute halt command. That accounts for my nice low idle temps.
Old 29th September, 2002, 05:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by cloasters
As depleted Uranium is a component of spent reactor fuel, which kills all living creatures(even ****roaches) in seconds if they are near the stuff(spent reactor fuel, that is), are you certain that you want a couple of pounds of it in your PC?
Depleted uranium is pretty harmless, pure tungston is typically more radioactive. We use depleted uranium to balance crankshafts because of it's high density(it is heavier than lead, and holds a form better). Some armour piercing ammunitions also use depleted uranium because of the density(more force of impact, and again it holds a form better).

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 9th October, 2002, 11:07 AM

Mine runns at 21C regardless of load or idle.
Old 9th October, 2002, 01:40 PM

mines running at low 40`s (stock) will report back as I up the FSB Not used any of the registry codes on this one yet either.
Seems my volcano 7+ IS actually a pretty decent cooler should get high 30`s/v low 40`s once i've lapped it