AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th September, 2002, 11:20 AM

Finaly pics. of my entries for UWB

Hi I just register to this forum yesteday because, and I would like to show you what I've been working on lately.
I preparing my new blocks, for testing, which I was gonna star yesterday, I set everything up, good enviroment for steady temps, water sensor, I measured the flow rate through all blocks, so I was ready to start testing. The board of choice was new Epox 8k5a for which I was sure that reads internal diode from Axp, but then it turns out that it only read it for thermal protection, and in mbm it only show temp. from socket thermistor, I just can't believe that. So now I have to wait to get 8k3a mobo. for test.
Ok, back to water blocks. and pics.

http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Star%20.../Star%2001.jpg
First take 16 2*4.5mm chanells, flat center 6mm base
Also see my mounting hardware, I made this brass bolts that lead the spring, and I screw those nuts just so that it doesn't touch the block top, this way I'll have constant mounting preasure on all tested blocks, preasure is great and the block doesn't move a bit, I also don't use shim anymore because of even mounting force.
Then I started making central cone block with 8 4*6mm chanells 4 & 6 mm base, this one has two layer top, because I wanted to design block with only one outlet, but it's basicaly one inlet four outlet, water flow on this block is just incredible best of all my current designs.

http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Star%20...StarEvoMk2.jpg
60° central cone with 10 mm base diameter
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Star%20...20Mk2%2004.jpg
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Star%20...vomk2%2003.jpg
Based lapped with 1000 grit paper

http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Star%20Blocks/Entries.jpg
And this are all the block I'm about to test next week, middle block upper row is comercial Magnum spiral block, then I have my two fin copper and Al spiral with 6mm base exactly the same design, middle block bottom row is the block I use until recently slightly modified top to have better flow, plus the block on first pic. which is already installed on my cpu. So lots of work for me in the following days.
Old 29th September, 2002, 11:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to Spode

whats all this in aid of?
Old 29th September, 2002, 07:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Nice looking block, I made a similar one with a rotory table in a horizontal mill out of aluminum a long time ago, but the the aluminum wasn't up to the tast. You will see lower temps if you sand-blast the inner area of the block.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th September, 2002, 07:32 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Nice work! let us know how the temps break for you. Thanks for posting your creations, BEAUTIFUL!!

BTW Thanks for joining our forums, I hope you like here, Welcome!!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th September, 2002, 07:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Nice blocks dude!!! Are you going to be selling these? If so shoot me a PM
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 29th September, 2002, 09:29 PM

Thanks guys, looks like this is a good place to hang.
I'll let you all know how my test preceed, I just hope I can get 8k3a tomorrow.

Spode,don't think I understand you... well I'm trying to show how few different design of water block perform
Old 29th September, 2002, 09:47 PM

Another good Machinist

Nice work.
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Old 29th September, 2002, 11:22 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

AAAAAH! I know who you are Morphling! The blocks look great! still set to send some samples for the SpodesAbode Shootout? Havent recieved mail from you in a while!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."

Last edited by Random Nonsense; 29th September, 2002 at 11:27 PM.
Old 30th September, 2002, 01:57 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Very nice, I may have to place an order real soon.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 2nd October, 2002, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
AAAAAH! I know who you are Morphling! The blocks look great! still set to send some samples for the SpodesAbode Shootout? Havent recieved mail from you in a while!
Hmm sorry, but I realy don't remember when we excanged email, could you remind me a little

So Spode is doing a roundup, yeah no problem for test sample, but for now it takes me some time to make one of those block, because I'm still making them on classic mill with hand wheels, I am working on cnc conversion though, then I can also crank up production.
Old 2nd October, 2002, 10:22 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Well unless there are 2 guys making almost identicle waterblocks in slovenia........

I emailed you a few months back, and kept in contact until roughly a month ago, my address is random_nonsense@spodesabode.com if that rings any bells!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 3rd October, 2002, 08:36 AM

Hi, morphling1 did you get your motors set up yet?
Old 3rd October, 2002, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Random Nonsense
Well unless there are 2 guys making almost identicle waterblocks in slovenia........

I emailed you a few months back, and kept in contact until roughly a month ago, my address is random_nonsense@spodesabode.com if that rings any bells!
I checked my email and I haven't found any from you, and I was also serving army until May... But I think I know who you emailed, was it Jurij Strasek, he's my friend that cnc machined two fin spiral blocks, I designed. Other than him, I don't have any idea, what was his(my??) email.

gone_fishin: no, I haven't. I hope I can find time next week, been so busy lately...
Old 3rd October, 2002, 10:18 AM
Member/Contributer

Nice looking blocks! Welcome to the forums!
Old 3rd October, 2002, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morphling1

I checked my email and I haven't found any from you, and I was also serving army until May... But I think I know who you emailed, was it Jurij Strasek, he's my friend that cnc machined two fin spiral blocks, I designed. Other than him, I don't have any idea, what was his(my??) email.

gone_fishin: no, I haven't. I hope I can find time next week, been so busy lately...

AAAH! that all makes sense now! sorry for the confusion!

/me slaps himself for being a little bit dim.

Hey, an idea to cut down on costs. If you can talk to Jurij, you could pack your samples all into one box if you guys still want to send samples! Im a little worried that I havent heard from him but oh well, im sure he will get back to me!

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 3rd October, 2002, 12:53 PM

His father owns a company that machine some other stuff, so he made me those blocks in spare time (free machines). But I realized after waiting (still am) long, long time for him to make me some new design, that I'll have to find some other way, that's why I bought desktop mill, and I'm in the process of making cnc conversion, and then I'll start making blocks myself.
So when I'll have everything set up I'll let you know
Old 3rd October, 2002, 12:58 PM

Ok great I've heard a bit about the new block, something about it looking like a lemon? :S

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 3rd October, 2002, 02:44 PM

He was refering to this block: http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/new/wb_mark4.jpg
My custom made prototype which took quite some time to be milled classicaly with hand wheels. This is the block in middle of bottom row in that pic. with six blocks. But this isn't my latest block this is just a block I was waiting for him to machine, and now stop waiting and rather made some new designs.
And good news I finaly got 8k3a mobo so I can start testing all those blocks to see which one of them is the best.