AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd October, 2002, 10:06 AM

Question Where to buy WC connectors?

I'm looking for a store in the UK that sells 1/2" elbow/ Y and other water cooling connectors.

I'd also like some water tight fixings for a home made res' I'm working on.

I've tried B&Q and Focus but there useless for 1/2" stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated

TIA,
E.
Old 2nd October, 2002, 10:50 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Welcome to the wonderful world of not being able to find the damn fittings!

I have the same problem, Ive fown B&Q do plastic Y's but the ones made for 1/2 have an ID of less than 3/8 so they arent all that useful. Ill keep an eye out and will post here if i find a good supplier.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd October, 2002, 02:40 PM

Cheers mate

It amazing.... Just when you think everything is coming together I remember that I live in the UK and buying Computer stuff is a pain in the a$$.

Well, I'm off to Centre Parcs on Monday the 7th so I guess I wont be doing much more until I get back....

I'm new to this forum and have found it to be one of the best so far. I hope to be a regular if you'll have me
Old 2nd October, 2002, 03:26 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma
I'm new to this forum and have found it to be one of the best so far.
I'll second that Enigma, they're a friendly bunch.

BTW did you get your rad, and if so where from? My visit to the scrappy didn't come up with anything.
Old 2nd October, 2002, 03:47 PM

www.overclockedpc.co.uk do those sorts of fittings.

you might also find what you want at a plummers merchants.

Or rswww.com they do hoze barbs and stuff, jsut be carefull to get the correct threads.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd October, 2002, 04:34 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

All the plumbing places I've been to have looked VERY confused at the mere mention of anything even "copper pipe" seems to confuse the hell out of them!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 2nd October, 2002, 05:18 PM

funny, but I just don't believe something like that can't be found in England, I found more then four places here in Slovenia where I can get fittings, even one that will custom made them for ~ 1 pound / piece for 1/2 OD brass fitting with 1/4" thread. And whole Slovenia is like 2mil. peoples
Try local search web engine, keywords pneumatic hidraulic, because those fittings are used mostly in those two fields.

And for precise decription of what are you looking for, check this place: http://www.mcmaster.com/ if you can't find fitting here than you will hardly find it anywhere else
Old 2nd October, 2002, 10:51 PM

dod - My radiator is on the way. I've managed to get a Polo rad from a friend who used to own one many years ago. He stripped the car down to sell of the parts and still had the rad left

Holst - Thanks for the links I'm going to try a plumbers merchants on Saturday, so fingers crossed I'll find something.

Morphling1 - Come over here and try and find some connectors mate, its like a black hole here. All the computer stuff seems to get sucked into another dimension
Old 3rd October, 2002, 12:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Winkie Send a message via AIM to Winkie Send a message via Yahoo to Winkie

rswww are ok, matt I can get a discount on rs stuff if you want anything

I'm going to take a trip to the large plumbing warehouse in ashton sometime so i'll pick some connectors up

gonna start chopping that heatercore up soon aswell
Old 3rd October, 2002, 01:00 PM

Cool, I'll be after some hose barbs etc soon what with my top secret project and all........

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED