AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Cooling & Temperature Monitoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 6th October, 2002, 02:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to cynics Send a message via AIM to cynics Send a message via Yahoo to cynics

Case cooling

http://files.joako.com/inside-full1.jpg

First of all, that's not my case. It's my friend's case. I have the same case but I don't have a pic of my case so I have to use his pic.

Blue = cool air
Red = Hot air
green = my second PSU (my friend doens't have 2 PSU, so I have to draw it)
purple = space between the lower part of my case and the upper part of my case

3 120mm delta 107cfm fan on top of my case and another 3 on the bottom of my case.
Can the hot air move from the lower part to the upper part through the purple space? Or is that space too "tight"??

Last edited by cynics; 6th October, 2002 at 02:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th October, 2002, 02:30 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

It will move through there, its not as messy as many peoples cases, 6X120mm fans is pretty extreme! You could test how restricted it is by unplugging everything up top and tucking the cables well out of the way, there should be much difference in airflow, but if there is, just work out a new routing for the cables!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th October, 2002, 02:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to cynics Send a message via AIM to cynics Send a message via Yahoo to cynics

Random Nonsense: actually they are very quite Don't you think the space between the first optical drive and the enlight PSU is too 'tight'?
Old 6th October, 2002, 03:10 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

well, pull the drive out too to test! there isnt really much room for improvement unless you ditch your 2nd PSU and go with a single more powerful one...

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 6th October, 2002, 03:15 PM

with the PSU blowing out as well you do have 5 fans at the top, that should be plenty of airflow.

It might help to be very carefull with routing IDE cables and power cables through the hole, try to keep is as neat as you can.

Dont all those fans make you deaf ?

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 6th October, 2002, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
with the PSU blowing out as well you do have 5 fans at the top, that should be plenty of airflow.

It might help to be very carefull with routing IDE cables and power cables through the hole, try to keep is as neat as you can.

Dont all those fans make you deaf ?
My psu only has 1 fan. It an enlight.
Not really. They are very quite at 7v
Old 6th October, 2002, 09:19 PM

but you have 2 PSU.......

I wouldt run one without a fan even if it only runs fans and stuff.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.