AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   Swifttek, Danger Den- Or other? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/2340-swifttek-danger-den-or-other.html)

The Spyder 16th January, 2002 06:02 AM

Swifttek, Danger Den- Or other?

I need a waterblock- $under 50

Spyder

Bender 17th January, 2002 04:27 PM

I highly reccomend the Dangerden Maze2. What type of system is this block for? The Maze2 comes in socket A, socket 423 and socket 472 for P4 systems.

moregolf 27th January, 2002 08:26 PM

New to water cooling... Is it just.... a cold plate, rad, pump with water in it? Any glychol or? Is it risky to use? Where do I start please. Going to build a dual ..... Thanks.....

Random Nonsense 27th January, 2002 10:01 PM

cold plates are only used with peltier set ups, absolute minimum u need is: a waterblock and some pipes, since u can attach it to the bath, sink or any other water dispensing type thingy :)

but realistically u need the waterblock, pump and a BIG reservoir, or a smaller one and a radiator and of course pipes

moregolf 28th January, 2002 12:00 AM

Do you just mount the waterblock to the CPU, and run coolant through it from a scource, etc? It seems too simple, but I know nothing about it. Sounds quite interesting though. Is it far more effective than air cooling? I assume there are some basic rules as to flow etc? Quiet would be good... It seems that it might be more stable in holding a constatnt temp, true?

sunBLADE 28th January, 2002 05:16 AM

IIRC, the DangerDen Maze2 can be used on Athlons, and with the help of a hold down plate, on Pentium4s (Socket 478/Northwoods). If you see yourself platform hopping frequently in the future, you might want to take this into account.

dimmreaper 28th January, 2002 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Random Nonsense
but realistically u need the waterblock, pump and a BIG reservoir, or a smaller one and a radiator and of course pipes
That is funny, I use no reservoir at all . . . . I use an inline pump with a nylon "T" on the pump in-let. I attatch a fill hose to the "T" to fill it, then remove the hose and cap the "T" off when the system is full.

Citrus 3rd February, 2002 02:38 PM

any 1 can get this DangerDen 2 and send over to me ??? i pay u back coz in spore the cost for transport is USD$21 = SGD$42 alone !!!

Random Nonsense 3rd February, 2002 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dimmreaper
That is funny, I use no reservoir at all . . . . I use an inline pump with a nylon "T" on the pump in-let. I attatch a fill hose to the "T" to fill it, then remove the hose and cap the "T" off when the system is full.

note: i said a big res or a smaller one and a radiator :p

if u have a huge amount of water, u dont need a radiator

Dave 4th February, 2002 09:58 PM

but a huge amount of water gets annoying, i used to have a 5 gallon (ish) tub and no rad, it was quiet and cold but the big bastard didnt half get in the way, i kept dropping stuff in it like CDs, cellphones, pets etc.
Oh and it went all slimey after a while, only because im was too lazy to go and buy some antifreeze or something!

mrpcman 5th February, 2002 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
but a huge amount of water gets annoying, i used to have a 5 gallon (ish) tub and no rad, it was quiet and cold but the big bastard didnt half get in the way, i kept dropping stuff in it like CDs, cellphones, pets etc.
Oh and it went all slimey after a while, only because im was too lazy to go and buy some antifreeze or something!

lol I did the same thing last year for about 6 months. I once dropped my HP printer into it. that wasn't cool(no pun intended). i use the MAZE2 right now and love it.

Pyrotechnic 19th February, 2002 06:42 AM

lol:rolling: thats sucks though, dropping all your stuff in there:eek:

ExclusivePC 20th February, 2002 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave

pets? lol how do you drop PETS in there???

Phiber 20th February, 2002 03:18 PM

You can do watever you put you mind to ;)

Duckman 21st February, 2002 04:37 PM

If you can wait for, say, two or three weeks, I'll post a direct comparison of the two cooler kits along with three others.

I just picked up the Swiftech MCW462-U on the post office today, and I have already gotten the DangerDen kit....well...the SuperCube radiator is missing, but what I could do is to make a head-to-head comparison on the waterblocks in a hurry and post it in the forums.....just for you.

How does that sound?

But seriously, the DD Maze better be one heck of a performer, cause the finish of the Swiftech block is the best I have ever seen. I have never had a fetish for metal chunks, but if I did, this piece would definitely be my favourite:D