AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   How much water? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/36798-how-much-water.html)

Samuknow 13th June, 2006 07:26 PM

Good thing we don't use delphi rads..

Always a concern when water cooling though...

I have released the magic smoke from many a cherished electronic devices for the quest of water cooled goodness....

QSDT 13th June, 2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow
Good thing we don't use delphi rads..

Always a concern when water cooling though...

I have released the magic smoke from many a cherished electronic devices for the quest of water cooled goodness....

That is one nightmare I've not yet had, fingers are crossed & touching wood at the same time!

BobRoss 16th June, 2006 05:45 PM

I think that the pool water would leave deposits on the waterblock that would cause it to loose efficiency. Though I do love the idea. I have been toying with the idea of building a waterfall to cool the water. But I think that the same thing would end up happening. Crap from the air would stick to the water and build up inside the system.

cadaveca 16th June, 2006 05:55 PM

Sounds right, Bob. Welcome to AOA too..haven't seen ya post!

dsio 16th June, 2006 06:14 PM

Which is why you do it after the filtration system. A sand filter, then a calcium filter, and the further filters in place would take care of it. The filter itself is an extremely complicated device, designed for zero internal maintenance, which is why it would work so well. What doesn't foul up the complex calcium filter, couldn't foul up the waterblock. At the same time, it would be a high flow block, to prevent blockages, and pressure buildup.

BobRoss 16th June, 2006 06:25 PM

Ok. I can go along with that. I can imagine using a fancy bypass pressure regulator to help avoid problems.

MrSeanKon 28th June, 2006 12:16 PM

QSDT it is too hard to present here my theory.
The next version 1.1 of Guidemania will include a presentation about them.
With simple words the point is to keep the water temperature (in tank) as closest to ambient temperature.
I will write long texts, plots etc.....
Then we can discuss for this. :)

Redroar 1st July, 2006 05:26 PM

Look, there's a simple answer to never worrying about needing water again. Go to a polar ice cap. Put a funnel next to the glacier. Let mankind's greenhouse gases melt it. Use the 1 C water with a filter to keep your system chilly for quite a while! Well, until the glacier is gone, anyway.

Daniel ~ 1st July, 2006 06:16 PM

I think we are about to try something quite like that on a massive scale, keep your water wings close, but keep you computer closer!

cadaveca 1st July, 2006 06:20 PM

Well, it's only taken about 100 years for us to get this far...:rolleyes:

dsio 1st July, 2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadaveca
Well, it's only taken about 100 years for us to get this far...:rolleyes:

Pfft. I have a plan B. I'm moving to Europa (moon of Jupitor) when this joint gets too warm. Nice ice planet, great for "battle of hoth" star wars recreations, and great for overclocking.

Daniel ~ 1st July, 2006 08:01 PM

And none of that nasty oxygen to cause rust!