AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   7600GT coolers (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/38739-7600gt-coolers.html)

skool h8r 25th October, 2006 11:24 PM

7600GT coolers

Hi all,
i'm looking for a wuieter cooler for my 7600GT. The current 40mm fan, when it gets going, really does a good job, but at the price of noise. I've set the fan at 100% for 3D performance applications, due to my overclock. So, i'm looking for a quieter aftermarket cooler for it.

I'm not sure whether they are designed the same as the 6600 coolers in terms of fastenings, some people say yes, some people don't know. Can anyone point me in the right direction as i haven't seen one specifically for the 7600GT.

Thanks,
Scott.

aghastpumpkin 27th October, 2006 03:54 PM

The new designs by Arctic Cooling are the bees knees. And, as always with AC, they are cheap, about £20.

skool h8r 27th October, 2006 06:01 PM

cheers mate! Found the NV6 Rev.2 for about £15.

Thanks,
Scott.

XeroHouR 29th October, 2006 09:40 AM

thermalright HD-03 that i got for my 7900GT, it is a great cooler once you get it installed properly, I'm still yet to get thist thing cooling its best...

skool h8r 29th October, 2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeroHouR
thermalright HD-03 that i got for my 7900GT, it is a great cooler once you get it installed properly, I'm still yet to get thist thing cooling its best...

Do you mean HR-03? That massive thing. I've just read it's not compatible because mounting holes are in different places. Also, how about updating your sig to reflect your newer rig (with the 7900).

XeroHouR 29th October, 2006 06:20 PM

Yea, i meant HR, its really not what I'd call Massive. If you know what an SI7 is like, thats really about it. Sure it fills up a slot, but its relativly compact.

As for the sig, I'm waiting for my opterown to arrive and see how/if it overclocks. I got a moneyback 2.8gighz garentee on it, so we'll see :)

skool h8r 29th October, 2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeroHouR
As for the sig, I'm waiting for my opterown to arrive and see how/if it overclocks. I got a moneyback 2.8gighz garentee on it, so we'll see :)

Lol, AMD Opter-own :D

And 2.8Ghz moneyback guarantee! You're one lucky guy. What model is it (i.e. 160, 144, etc)? What's it's stock speed + where did you get it from?

I'm not sure whether to go A64X2, opteron, or opteron dual core. I want to go dual core so that pretty much rules out the low end opterons. It's a decision of whether i want to spend a bit more on an opty, or just go and get an A64X2.

As for the 7600 cooler, i'm gonna go with AC NV6 Rev.2. Never needed anything other than stock cooling but i'm hoping i might be able to get something like 650 core (maybe even 675 or 700 if i push it with a bit more voltage). If i get some ramsinks as well, i'm gonna go for maxing out the memory at 840 (max that NV Control panel allows). Got 800 already without artifacts (805 does though) so it's not too far away. But that's like 1.68Ghz GDDR3! Way faster than a 79xx series, and definately faster than a speeding bullet. It's serious drooling/owning material without watercooling! :evil: And as Mr Burns would say: "Excellent".

XeroHouR 30th October, 2006 12:59 AM

i really wanted to vmod my memory and core since they are so easy on the 79s, i've seen extreme overclocks on air cooling with these mods done, and the temps are pretty low due to the .09nm process. I found a guy on hardocp's forums that was willing to back his statement in his post that it did 2.8 on his cooling(mine is better) at 1.475V, I'm willing to go higher than that even, but he garenteed it at that voltage. So He'll back it. I don't care about dual core myself right now, because I pretty much exclusivly game on my computer. I can't justify the 100 more when that could be put towards another gig of memory, or raid or something.

The HR-03 comes with nice ramsinks, given the low thermal output of the ram on these, even when voltmodded and overclocked. I do want to do water cooling, but I'm not sure where I'm going to go with that, and when.

oh and its a 146, i realize i'm paying about what it is new, but i'm garenteed 2.8, i think thats a fair deal, because if its brand new i can't return it just because it wont overclock 600mhz....

skool h8r 30th October, 2006 10:14 AM

146's aren't that expensive nowadays. I found one new for £60 (and not off ebay). But like you said, you can't return because it won't overclock. You actually void your warranty if you damage it that way. But since it's one that's actually been verified to run at 2.8, it's good.

I'd love to see something like 3.0 or 3.2 out of it. That would really own.